Brits, don't you love...

Options
Moving into a lower stone zone! Psychologically feels so good! (Americans, a stone is 14 pounds)

I started off 15st 7 last year, now 13st 2. Off on hols to Marbella a week tomorrow and while I still feel so un-bikini ready eeeek (final goal 10 stone) to be in the 12 zone would be amazing, woo!

Replies

• prdavies1949
    prdavies1949 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Too right, and when you start of as large as I did there are a lot of "stone zones" to move through. Started in the 23's now in the 15's only a couple more to go through.
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! It feels amazing! Even if you are only half a pound into that other stone, it makes a huge difference psychologically :smile:
  • nwg74
    nwg74 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    When I started a couple years ago I had small goals to start with. At 26 stone 9 my first goal was getting to 26, I then had either half a whole stone as goals depending on how much I lost during the months.

I am currently stuck on 12st 3.5 pounds and desperately trying to get to 12 stone but has been months now. Ideally, I want to get down to 11 stone 12 so I can maintain the 12 stone when eating more. I can't wait to see that 11 at some point on the scales.
  • lalaland82
    lalaland82 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Yep, the stone thing is great - i especially used to love it when I had my old scales with the 'dial' thing cos it whizzes round and then settles and you'd see it sitting under the number you used to be. God I feel like a saddo just saying that lol, but at least most people here understand the pride in it.

At the gym it was kilos and it didn't feel the same at all esp as a kilo is so much more
  • AJ_Muffin
    AJ_Muffin Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I love it! I'm a Brit living in the US so I use both lbs and stones. I just tipped over into the 150's which felt great, and my next mini goal is getting under 11 stone...only 5 more lbs to go! :D
  • DancingHev
    DancingHev Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    It's a great feeling, I haven't been in the 10 stone XX lbs range for years and to be able to say I am is so exciting for me. . . . .
    Now to be able to say I'm 9 stone something is gonna be even more of an achievement!!
  • sugarlips1980
    sugarlips1980 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Wow some amazing weight loss stories there, well done! Yeah I talk in pounds sometimes as there's so many Americans on here but kilos, bleh. Like my stone zones!
  • missybct
    missybct Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I use all three measurements for inspiration, plus BMI. That way every week there is at least some kind of reward, drop in stone, drop into a different pound bracket or KG bracket. BMI is great too. I convert my weight into all three!

(I'm about 1lb off the next stone bracket, can't wait!)
  • nwg74
    nwg74 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Wow some amazing weight loss stories there, well done! Yeah I talk in pounds sometimes as there's so many Americans on here but kilos, bleh. Like my stone zones!

Lowest I have been in pounds is 171, Once 12 stone arrives it will also be good to be in the 160's with 168 pounds. I started at 373 pounds.

MY 25 BMI is 11.5 stone or 160 pounds. I have to take into consideration the bit of excess skin so that is why I was to settle at 12 stone. I also believe as I have wide ribs/broad shoulders, I don't want to go any further down in weight too much. I can already feel my ribs but still have a hanging stomach and some belly fat. I am hoping over time perhaps by end of the year, that will be nearly gone and my weight will not have gone down too much.
  • Alexandra289
    Alexandra289 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I love this feeling - getting under 10 stone recently has been such a big achievement. But I have to say it was when I got under 11 stone that it really hit home how much I'd lost and that was when I became a healthy BMI - such a good feeling!
  • sugarlips1980
    sugarlips1980 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I've moved into the 12 stone zone woo hoo! Only by 0.4 pounds but I'm out of the 13 stone yay!
  • SAGR2
    SAGR2 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    My husband is just around 10 stone, (he is a small person, he is right in the middle of the healthy weight range for his height and age), but he likes to be what he calls 10 stone with a 9 in front of it, ie 9.13, it just sounds a lot smaller although the difference isn't really significant.

I am currently 11 stone with a 10 in front of it, 10.13, and yes it is brilliant. A stone seems such a significant milestone.

Yay for the imperial weights and measure system.
  • lisahenderson9803
    lisahenderson9803 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I use all three measurements for inspiration, plus BMI. That way every week there is at least some kind of reward, drop in stone, drop into a different pound bracket or KG bracket. BMI is great too. I convert my weight into all three!

(I'm about 1lb off the next stone bracket, can't wait!)

Yeah I do this as well just under a lb before I drop in to the 14st range, then aiming for wonderland then next goal will be under 90kg which then leads to 13st range...
  • Notsowobblynow
    Notsowobblynow Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    bump for later :)
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Congrats
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    yeah im into the 8 stones for the first time in years.
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I have been living in the UK for almost 7 years now, but I never managed to get used to the stone business.
    Finally at least I got the hang of lbs....that must do.

Life would so much easier if all would use the metric system, as it is supposed to be.
  • stacw1987
    stacw1987 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Yes it's absolutely awesome! I started bang on 11st at 5,2" and getting to 10 was awesome! I'm not in the 8's! Feels good :-)
  • Sailfindragon
    Sailfindragon Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Brit here. Personally speaking. I was formally one of "those" skinny people most of my life 5' 1" and (112lbs) 8 stone right up until about 5 years ago (a year after having my 5th child)
    Over the last 5 years I have put on 5 stone (70lbs) At the begining of 2013, I decided enough was enough and have now lost 23lbs. I would have lost more, but fell off the wagon, so to speak in March for about 6 weeks. I never thought I would be happy about being in the 11 stone bracket. But every little bit of weight loss and exercise is a huge bonus for me.
    I am going to be 40 this year, that has been my focus and main motivation for losing weight and having a healthy lifestyle. I hope to lose another 30lbs before I am 40 in September.

It has been great to read other peoples weight loss journeys, it certainly helps knowing that we are all in the same boat.
  • siany01
    siany01 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I love the stone brackets. Even down to the 1/2 stone.

I started at 15st 7lb last year after having my last baby (I have never admitted that weight anywhere apart from my head before and I had lost at least a stone before I weighed myself) and dropped 2st7lb. I have been hanging around the 13-13.7 mark for about 6 mths, I got back on the healthy wagon about a month back and Friday I hit 12st 8lb. Next week will be a massive one for me, if I can get below 12st 7lb then I will be the lightest I have been since I quit smoking in October 2010 (I was skinny before I quit smoking, darn ginger biscuits) also getting my ticker below 14lb would be good. Its not for my ultimate goal but for when I hit a healthy BMI. Thats my first real goal :)