new girl to MFP starting C25k on tues

Options
Hi everyone!
I'm kc, I'm 20 y/o female uni student. Just made my account on here, tired of being overweight, yet I am fairly active, but I'm going to lose this fat one way or another. I've got 100 lbs to lose, I'm 5'8-9, goal weight is 140.
I'm starting C25k this week. I'll be doing C25k on Tues Thurs & Sat. On off days, I'll be doing the elliptical and stationary bike for 45-60 mins MWF and rest days on Sundays.
Plan to lose most of the fat and then add in muscle since I already have a pretty good base.

I'll probably be updating daily to keep myself accountable. If anyone wants to join me feel free to add for some added motivation :)

Replies

• HPLW0705
    HPLW0705 Posts: 102
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!! I really enjoy having active people on my friends list, I enjoy motivating others as well! Congrats on your start, your plan sounds like fun actually.
  • jenns717
    jenns717 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have a great plan! Welcome here! I just joined to keep me on track and find it very motivating! You can add me if you would like!
  • traumaticthrash
    Options
    welcome to MFP :) im 3 days new as well. best thing about this site is the nutrition tracking and the motivation you can get from bouncing of positive feedback from others.

good luck!
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Good luck. The C25k program did wonders for my cardiovascular health and endurance. I've moved up to insanity now, and I would definitely not be able to handle it if I hadn't started with the running.
  • FitCoachShawn
    FitCoachShawn Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/14158-lean-on-me
    Great support group and motivational group on MFP! You guys will love it!
    :):flowerforyou:
  • SweetpeaHu
    SweetpeaHu Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I started running three years ago with a similar plan. I love running now. Feel free to add me.
  • denicehicks5
    Options
    Good for you for setting goals and holding yourself accountable!!! If you also use Runtastic alongside your C25K, it should automatically add your exercise to MFP.

Using these MFP and C25K together have changed my life. I am so much more aware of the FUEL I am putting into my body and what it will take to BURN that fuel.

You CAN do this!!
  • kxtina93
    kxtina93 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the positivity everyone! I'm way too excited, I can barely pay attention at work lol I've been roaming this site looking at all the success stories! so motivating!
  • JaimeCST
    JaimeCST Posts: 118
    Options
    Welcome! The C25K program works wonders. I finished a few weeks ago and ran my first 5K last weekend and am running another one next weekend. You have a great plan in place and this site works wonders at keeping you motivated. Good luck!
  • eske123456
    Options
    Hi KC, so glad to find your post today! I have had the c25k app on my phone for awhile, but JUST finally did Week 1 Day 1 this morning. I have been able to or wanted to run. I do walk, but no running. I would love to chart this course with you! My goal is to do this, no matter what, even if I need to repeat weeks along the way.
  • RachelaT90
    RachelaT90 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have just joined and am going to start c25k! I have 50lbs overall to lose :/