Brand New Here

Options
Hi everyone!

I've just joined and I'm hoping to add some friends to help make me more accountable. :)

I've been dieting for as long as I can remember but as soon as I get near to goal weight, I seem to sabotage myself and put the weight back on. I've tried so many different diets (Weight Watchers, Paleo, Vegan, low-carb) but I can't seem to maintain anything long term. Hopefully, establishing a group of supportive friends here can help me make a more permanent lifestyle change!

Replies

• ShaJustSha
    ShaJustSha Posts: 10
    Options
    I hear you on the "accountability"!

We'll do it together...

:)
  • SweetpeaHu
    SweetpeaHu Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Feel free to add me. I'm on everyday. I started in February, and lost 9.5 lbs. it's a slow but steady weight loss for me. Some weeks are awesome, some weeks are not, but in 5lbs away from my goal.
  • erickson821
    Options
    Hey there, I have found that getting into a good workout routine has helped me stay accountable and reach my goals. I am currently doing Insanity and using Shakeology and am so pleased with these results that I just like to share it with everyone! Feel free to message me if you have more questions.
  • FindingTimeForMe
    FindingTimeForMe Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hey, good luck on your journey. I have done the same thing - many diets - up and down on the weight. I had to figure out mentally what was not working and not what diet was not working. While I had the most luck with WW; when I was actually doing it because of the spread out meals which I think helped my metabolism. But again mentally i could not stay with it. Was it family, work, self-esteeem, motivation? Alll of these are "mental" distractions. A person can get so wrapped up worrying about others, worrying about work, worrying about finances (fill in the blank) that they lose focus on the themselves. I have been married for 25 years and have probably been doing this for 35 years. It is time to look inside - inside out. We had a lesson in Sunday school that talked about wearing your clothes inside out -- mentally do this and figure your vulnerabilities first. Good luck to you. You can add me as a friend if you want -- love to help motivate. Take care, Therese
  • prgirl39
    prgirl39 Posts: 108
    Options
    I am on the same boat. Congratulations of joining here. Add me if you want. I know I need all the help I can get. We all do. You are not alone. I have been on diets all my life and what has worked for me was getting a slap in the face from my doctor telling me that I have Diabetes and heart issues at age 41. I have to get with the program. So far I have lost 13 pounds. Small portions, exercise and a "me" day ( if I do not have one day where I can eat some junk food I go overboard). Small goals and daily motivational and positive thoughts. It is a lot of work. But you will see, little by little it will work out. Thanks for the support.