Mom under 40 new to site need advise work full-time

Options
I have been "yo-yo dieting" since high school. I have been married for 20 years and have two kids. I want to lose weight to be able to enjoy my 8 and 5 year old girls for a very long time. Any advise to help me to loose weight this time and keep it off.

Replies

• IamLoriJ
    IamLoriJ Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Sounds familiar - I just turned 40 this past month. I also have a 6 and and 8 year old and am married, I work full time as well. What seems to me has been the change this time is that I just decided that I had to do this for me. I had to make time whether that is at 5am or 11pm, I have to eat right and excercise and not take the easy way out for fast food. It really was a mind set - I AM going to change my lifestyle - this is not a diet, this is a lifestyle for my whole family. Feel free to add me as a friend and we can travel down this path together if you want!
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    What I have found that works for me, I have 2 kids and work too..Is to focus on each month, not my long term goal. I've steadily lost 4.5 pounds a month is Jan. So I'm proud of myself. I count my calories and try to get a 30 minute workout in aiming for 6 days a week but my goal is 3, I youtube several different videos and do them either once the kids leave for school, or in the evening when I get home from work.
  • DanyelleKimberly
    DanyelleKimberly Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have always had trouble losing weight even withvmy doctors help. recently I have started to figure my body out. and while I logged and logged everything I wasnt eating the best stuff even though I was under calories. cut back on red meats eat more fish, chicken, turkey, add veggies and fruit. also eating 4-6 times a day. I eat breakfast, snack, lunch and snack whick is about 600-700 calories total then eat dinner and I rarely eat back my exercise calories. I'm now down 7 lbs in 2 weeks :-)
  • forwesgar13
    forwesgar13 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    This is what worked for me and has been so easy- mom of three , 40 , work full time
    eating - started at 1200 cal but after plateauing raised them to 1600 what I found is you can eat more just better choices. I limited bread , pasta, white rice. Changed margarine back to butter or used coconut oil to flavor. Dont go fat free go real food. I ate 5 times a day . Three meals two snacks . No yo yo diet you are never hungry . The cleaner you eat you will have a hard time eating everything you need to eat to make your calories for the day. I'm no expert but for me If I cheated I just kept it within my calories for the day and did better the rest of the week . Of course water which I've gotten slack on recently. Dont drink your calories .
    exercise- the secret is .... move your butt just do something . I started with a park by the marsh walking then running it was my time. Pick something you enjoy. I've done p 90 x and Julian Micheal's but really just do something! Now I work out 4 or 5 times a week some cardio and lifting heavy . I'll add I'm still under construction . This has worked for me and again I will say has been so easy. I think anyone who is on this site has different thing that work but just make small changes. Slow and steady wins the race and its about changing your life . Enjoyment through activity and feeling healthier . The weight follows after the changes its secondary.