70 lbs down since Thanksgiving and going strong (pics)

Options
Makeda1211
Makeda1211 Posts: 134 Member
I posted about two months ago and I decided to put up some progress pics now.

I will say that my story is not different that many of the people on here. I have been one of those big girls all my life. I get it honestly. I am 5/10 1/2 and pear shaped. I wasn't the most active kid but I was one of the most outgoing and popular kids in school. So, I'm not going to lie and say that my self esteem sucks or that I have never had dates. Quite the contrary.

What I will say is that I couldn't get a handle on my weight. I tried anything and everything to lose weight. I even went through the drastic measure of having a gastric bypass ten years ago. I lost quite a bit of weight at that time, about 116 pounds and felt great about myself. I didn't work out regularly after the surgery and I also didn't get flabby. (Inwardly thanking God and my momma for good genes) I did, however, over time, put the weight back on. By Thanksgiving of last year I has ballooned up to 277lbs.

I knew it was time for a change after my significant other pissed me off. That was the catalyst but not the reason I'm still working at it. I got a membership to a gym, found Zumba and myfitnesspal and hit the ground running. I made a promise to myself to be consistent. I would follow the guidelines set by myfitnesspal to the letter. Heck most of the time I would come in under my caloric goal. I figured I would get more bang for my buck and come into the gym an hour before and do a weights workout and I really started to see definite changes in my body. I can't tell you how it feels to not be able to wear any of the clothes I used to wear because they are too big.

The difference was so big that I started to have people coming to me and asking what I was doing. One major change for me has to do with my diet. Myfitnesspal keeps me accountable but I had to start making better food choices. I did this by participating in a Healthy Eating Challenge with My BodyPump Instructor. She introduced me to Shakeology as it was a component. It had a three day cleanse and then 7 days of clean eating. I saw myself lose 8 pounds in 3 days, 2 more for the 7 days and haven't put any back on. I am now down 70 pounds, have become a Beachbody coach and feel better than I have in my life. I am doing it the way that I should have done it in the first place. (No judgements for anyone making other decisions. I did the same too.) I just want people to see that it is attainable. I am not finished by any means.

I have gone from a size 24/26 to a 12/14. I'm still going too.

8513[img][/img]

Replies

• deemartin2
    deemartin2 Posts: 168 Member
    Options

I will say that my story is not different that many of the people on here. I have been one of those big girls all my life. I get it honestly. I am 5/10 1/2 and pear shaped. I wasn't the most active kid but I was one of the most outgoing and popular kids in school. So, I'm not going to lie and say that my self esteem sucks or that I have never had dates. Quite the contrary.

What I will say is that I couldn't get a handle on my weight. I tried anything and everything to lose weight. I even went through the drastic measure of having a gastric bypass ten years ago. I lost quite a bit of weight at that time, about 116 pounds and felt great about myself. I didn't work out regularly after the surgery and I also didn't get flabby. (Inwardly thanking God and my momma for good genes) I did, however, over time, put the weight back on. By Thanksgiving of last year I has ballooned up to 277lbs.

I knew it was time for a change after my significant other pissed me off. That was the catalyst but not the reason I'm still working at it. I got a membership to a gym, found Zumba and myfitnesspal and hit the ground running. I made a promise to myself to be consistent. I would follow the guidelines set by myfitnesspal to the letter. Heck most of the time I would come in under my caloric goal. I figured I would get more bang for my buck and come into the gym an hour before and do a weights workout and I really started to see definite changes in my body. I can't tell you how it feels to not be able to wear any of the clothes I used to wear because they are too big.

The difference was so big that I started to have people coming to me and asking what I was doing. One major change for me has to do with my diet. Myfitnesspal keeps me accountable but I had to start making better food choices. I did this by participating in a Healthy Eating Challenge with My BodyPump Instructor. She introduced me to Shakeology as it was a component. It had a three day cleanse and then 7 days of clean eating. I saw myself lose 8 pounds in 3 days, 2 more for the 7 days and haven't put any back on. I am now down 70 pounds, have become a Beachbody coach and feel better than I have in my life. I am doing it the way that I should have done it in the first place. (No judgements for anyone making other decisions. I did the same too.) I just want people to see that it is attainable. I am not finished by any means.

[img]<iframe src="http://s285.photobucket.com/user/makeda1211/story/8513/embed&quot; width="650" height="400" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>[/img]
  • DenverGirl93
    DenverGirl93 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You look Fabulous!!! Congrats on your weightloss!
  • Makeda1211
    Options
    I suck with this picture thing. I have no idea how to make it post.
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Fabulous :-)
  • Makeda1211
    Options

f83eef19-729c-42a8-9c8a-110a69de69c6_zps83b2b722.jpg[img][/img]ce679cf4-39e0-459d-b3d3-f3e182f94009_zps1e15759c.jpg[img][/img]
  • jblackjr
    jblackjr Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    f83eef19-729c-42a8-9c8a-110a69de69c6_zps83b2b722.jpg

ce679cf4-39e0-459d-b3d3-f3e182f94009_zps1e15759c.jpg

Great Job!
  • greenihlonde
    greenihlonde Posts: 337
    Options
    <thumbs up>
  • mojo1115
    mojo1115 Posts: 21
    Options
    Way to go!! To post pics in forums, go to tiny pic. make all capitol letters in [***] the end boxes lowercase.
  • blmurphy37
    blmurphy37 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • wannabesexymama
    wannabesexymama Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    WTG
  • Makeda1211
    Options

f83eef19-729c-42a8-9c8a-110a69de69c6_zps83b2b722.jpg[img][/img]ce679cf4-39e0-459d-b3d3-f3e182f94009_zps1e15759c.jpg[img][/img]

Lets try this one last time.
  • mizpoke
    mizpoke Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    well done! :flowerforyou:

You are going to look even more fabulous when you're done! Look forward to seeing those photos! :drinker:
  • NoreenF
    NoreenF Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You look great! Very inspiring--whe are the same height and I hope to have the same results by next Thanksgiving! Thank you for sharing!
  • Makeda1211
    Options
    Noreenf, if I can do it, you surely can do it. I will always say that consistency is the key. It doesn't matter how much you work out, if your diet is consistently poor, it will show in your results. If you are not working out enough to go along with good consistent food choices, your body will tell on you.

So I am here in the event you have any questions, want to vent or anything else.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!