Stretchmarks!!!

Options
Any ladies and gents here that had/ have stretch marks? How do you deal with them? Have you gotten rid of them? Can you get rid of them? I have really annoying stretch marks around my but, and I don't know how to get rid of them.

Replies

• InsolentMint
    Options
    You would need CO2 lasers, TCA peels or Dermarolling or a combination to succesfully remove, or significantly reduce the appearance of stretch marks. They lie very deep within the skin.
    No over the counter "stretch mark cream" will do squat, so don't waste your money.
    If they are still red, Rx Retin-A applied might work. Either way, they're easier to manage when still red, but that doesn't mean you can't greatly improve old fades ones.
  • InsolentMint
    Options
    Also, to avoid in the future; stretch marks are afaik mostly caused by genetics and hormone levels, but obviously losing or gaining weight SLOWLY will greatly reduce the risk, too, as opposed to anything rapid. And healthy fats are good for a ton of things, but they will also help your skin retain elasticity.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    I have them on my chest and delts.

I love them....a badge of honor.

Earned through lifting heavy shiiiiid
  • dani12cabral
    dani12cabral Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That is interesting. Do you know how much those procedures usualy run... I have some on my belly and some on the top part of my bicepts close to my armpit that I am not proud of it!
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    There honestly is no way to get rid of them. You learn to look at them differently. Mine on my tummy remind me not to let myself go again. Anyway, no one notices stretch marks on a sexy body :) good luck.
  • sunrise611
    sunrise611 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Chiming in to add that I love that you put three exclamation marks after "Stretchmarks" in the header.

(It's not the end of the world.)
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I've got them on my arms, shoulder, back, butt, stomach, sides, hips, and knees and I don't have any children! I'm pretty much covered in them lol

To be honest, no creams has ever worked for my stretch marks, so I'm learning how to become used to them. It's annoying, but this time round I'm not trying to lose weight drastically; taking it one day at a time, and then maybe the marks will reduce a smidgen!
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    They can fade over time, but they will never completely go away.

Best to just accept them and move on.
  • mytime1986
    mytime1986 Posts: 117
    Options
    I noticed as I lost weight the ones in my stomach mostly disappeared I had to really look for them. Not completely but they faded.
  • InsolentMint
    Options
    That is interesting. Do you know how much those procedures usualy run... I have some on my belly and some on the top part of my bicepts close to my armpit that I am not proud of it!

I'm sorry, I have no clue of the price levels in other countries (I'm from Denmark, I'm guessing you're not? :D) but lasers would probably be the priciest. You can buy dermarollers (get 0.5-1 mm needle) and TCA peels to do at home, which is very cost efficient, but to do that you must really know what you're doing, so I don't recommend unless you do your research well, because it's important to sterilize the roller well, and use it in the proper way, and it's very important to know how to handle acids as strong as TCA.
    But these procedures would most likely be cheaper than lasers at a professional anyway.
  • HestiaLavel
    Options
    Thanks to everyone answering I guess I either learn to love them or I hope that they fade when I lose weight. Good luck to y'all!
  • HestiaLavel
    Options
    I've got them on my arms, shoulder, back, butt, stomach, sides, hips, and knees and I don't have any children! I'm pretty much covered in them lol

To be honest, no creams has ever worked for my stretch marks, so I'm learning how to become used to them. It's annoying, but this time round I'm not trying to lose weight drastically; taking it one day at a time, and then maybe the marks will reduce a smidgen!

Know exactly how you feel sis < ;
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!