always hungry

Options
2»

Replies

• luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Here's you reason for being hungry. 1200 cals a day is not enough food for your body to SURVIVE on.

Eat more food. Get more cals in.
  • jezamon
    jezamon Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm only going by what it says on here :/ I'm 5'3" and 128lbs at the moment. I only want to lose about 7lbs and tone up.
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    MFP tells everyone to eat 1200 cals when their goals are either to lose more than 1 lb a week or if they have only a little to lose and are already thin.

You need to figure out your TDEE and eat probably 10% less of what that figure is since you are already close to your goal. 1200 cals is not enough.

http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html

To tone up, get to lifting heavy weights and you will tone up fast. There are lots of women on here who loft heavy and have really made a difference in their physique. I do a mix of heavy lifting and cardio and lose 1 lb a week but for the past 10 weeks have lost 1% body fat a week. I have MFP set to 25% less off my TDEE but then I use my HRM to tell me my cals burned during fitness. Most days I end up eating around 1800 cals. I eat 25% my TDEE plus exercise cals because I have about 35 lbs to lose.
  • jezamon
    jezamon Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Ok, thanks :)