Herbalife

Options
Anybody else on the herbalife diet that has any suggestions. I've been on the diet for 4 weeks now, in the first 2 weeks i lost over 13lbs and these last two weeks i seem to be stuck at the same weight!?

I am exercising 3-4 times a week including a 8-10k run every monday. I have a cappucino with soya shake for breakfast and a choc/vanilla with soya shake for lunch and then your standard meat and 2 veg style dinner, i have 2 snacks a day...generally a banana and the protein snack bar or similar. I will admit i treat myself to a can of fizzy every friday as a treat (i used to drink 2 cans a day!). I also take fibre & herb and multivitamin complex tablets with every meal.

Just wondering if anyone else has come to this standstill in weight loss and whether you have any advice to help boost my weight loss? Want to stick with herbalife as it is the only diet i have ever managed to stick to and i look forward to my shake every morning!

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    No matter what food you are taking in be it shakes or solid food it's a case of what your calories are and your deficit. So to help you people will need to know your daily calories and maybe see your diary.
  • gigglybeth
    gigglybeth Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    After I have a big loss like that, I always go through a couple of slow weeks. It's like my body has to catch up or adjust or something.
  • mab5338
    mab5338 Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm down about 20lbs on herbalife and found myself at a plateau. I recently switched back to lowcarb and doing protein shakes, I've gotten used to my 2 shakes a day! If you are working out that much it sounds like you aren't eating enough, try mixing your shakes with soy milk or having a snack shake with just water and add Sugar Free instant pudding mix. I also used to blend my shakes, with bananas and blueberries, there are lots of recipes out there to make great shakes.
  • Fiiddlestix
    Fiiddlestix Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    May try blending my shakes with fruit, just have to find a fruit that goes nicely with cappucino or chocolate :). Thanks.
  • mab5338
    Options
    May try blending my shakes with fruit, just have to find a fruit that goes nicely with cappucino or chocolate :). Thanks.

on your next order get the French Vanilla, it is the best "base" for shakes. I sometimes add Nestle Sugar Free Mocha coffee flavoring (45 cals) to it when I want the coffee taste, I know some people even blend the FV with cold coffee as a treat.

what about chocolate peanutbutter banana? or a chocolate berry?
  • Fiiddlestix
    Options
    I know the flavours are a bit different here in the UK. I have a ordered a vanilla the other day by mistake so i guess i should give that a go with more fruits. Chocolate and banana together sounds amazing, two of my favourite things combined! Thanks for the ideas :D.
  • Fiiddlestix
    Options
    Just taken my measurements, and although i didn't seem to loose much weight these last weeks i have lost 6" (15cms) off my body :).
  • mab5338
    Options
    Just taken my measurements, and although i didn't seem to loose much weight these last weeks i have lost 6" (15cms) off my body :).

Thats great! Keep it up :)
  • amandaa_1992
    Options
    Well done :) There are times when you won't lose weight but your cms will go down as you could be gaining muscle and still losing fat! x
  • sanndandi
    sanndandi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Well done :) There are times when you won't lose weight but your cms will go down as you could be gaining muscle and still losing fat! x
    no to the gaining muscle. yes to the losing fat.