Halfway Results

Options
I finally have the guts to share my halfway pics! I usually shy away from the camera and I haven't posted anything like this so just the fact that I am sharing pictures is a huge NSV to me. I've been lacking motivation lately so I'm hoping this visual will help me get the groove back to lose the second half! Slow and steady!

I'm 5'8.5" and in the first photo was 191 lbs and in the second photo 165lbs. As May 1st and the 'halfway' photo, I've lost a total of 26 pounds and 18 inches. (I only weigh myself monthly so I haven't updated yet!) My total goal is 50 lbs. Can't wait!

HalfwayResults.jpg

Replies

• zenyacleveland
    zenyacleveland Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful!! A big congrats! How did you change your diet and what are you doing for exercise?
  • slim422
    slim422 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    That is truly awesome and thank you for sharing. I loved your update as I am very similar to you and your goals so it was very motivating. I started in Jan at 199, have lost 40lbs - keep going girl, I know your happy and should be after getting to the halfway point and you're going to LOVE the next half because you're really going to see the changes :)
  • slim422
    slim422 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful!! A big congrats! How did you change your diet and what are you doing for exercise?

Off topic but had to tell you I love the picture of the collie!
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    Nice work!
  • harbryer
    harbryer Posts: 3
    Options
    Wow, thanks so much everyone! This is definitely the encouragement I needed!

I did a major overhaul on my diet and have been eating super clean, tracking calories, and keeping my macros as close to 40-40-20 as possible. It was hard at first but I feel SO much better now. And for exercise, strength training! In the past before I gained the weight (having a kid, then stress after my husband died) I was always thin but was 'skinny fat'. I always thought cardio was the way but man, LIFTING! I'm addicted now. I lift heavy and do minimal cardio a couple times a week!

That is truly awesome and thank you for sharing. I loved your update as I am very similar to you and your goals so it was very motivating. I started in Jan at 199, have lost 40lbs - keep going girl, I know your happy and should be after getting to the halfway point and you're going to LOVE the next half because you're really going to see the changes :)

Thank you! I love hearing from someone who is on a similar path and owning it! I'm SO excited for the coming months and finally seeing some definition and uncovering the muscles I've been building! :)
  • terikd99
    terikd99 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Way to go! What a difference--thanks for sharing!
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    WTG - you look great! We have similar stats but you're much more toned, your hard work paid off and motivates me to work harder :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!