30 day shred help!!!

Options
Need some advice from anyone who is doing or has done 30 day shred!!! are the workouts meant to be done daily? or do you take breaks in between? just curious as i read yesterday on a woman's post that on a Jillian Michael's podcast Jillian recommends doing 2 days shred, do a day of cardio, 2 days shred again, cardio the next, then rest... would this be enough to see results? i don't think 30 mins a day is much really, but i may be proved wrong once i get it.. don't want to burn out!!!... have been doing Jillian's cardio kickbox the past couple days and have really enjoyed it, but presume the shred going to be much tougher!!!! Any input or advice would be much appreciated :smile:

Replies

• Kidostud
    Kidostud Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I think if you're not a beginner, don't take so many breaks. I did level 1 for 10 days, took a break, level 2 for 10 days, took a break, etc. I currently doing Ripped in 30 and she recommends you work-out for at least 5 days a week.
  • healthytanya1
    healthytanya1 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I do 30 day shred on mon, weds, Fridays. I get really bored doing it so I know I will fail if I set out to do it every day. But other than the video I walk a lot, ride my bicycle, go hiking. Anything outdoors really just to keep me moving.
  • bossyfairy
    bossyfairy Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it, just completed day 9!

Don't know what its meant to be, so I did 4 days, 2 days off then 4 days 1 day off (but this was purely due to work / weekend commitments)

I vaguely remember from high school (like a million years ago) that to see a difference / be healthy you need to work out 3 times a week for 20 minutes. Dont know if thats right or not?!

On the plus side, it is absolutely brilliant and I have seen a difference already!!

Edit: Do other people just do the shred or is everyone doing it as an extra? I cant do it and something else after - is that cos I am seriously unfit?!
  • DanaLynnMN
    DanaLynnMN Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I finished day 5 of level 3 yesterday.

My routine is 3 days on, 1 day off, and repeat. And, I'm not doing anything else workout wise.
    My body needs a rest day, and I find anything more than one day away from a workout it makes it harder to get back into it. (for me anyway!)

I'm liking the results, and can't wait to take my "after" pictures in just a few days.

FYI - I started the 30DS at 209 lbs and I'm 5'3"....and very out of shape! Now, I have so much more energy and have gained muscle!
  • nickymarie011
    nickymarie011 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I completed the shred last year. I did it everyday, as she recommends in the video. Of course, took my one rest day off, per week. I also added in additional cardio though, as the 1 workout per day was not enough of a calorie burn for me personally. So, I'd do the 20 minute shred and then run an additional 20-30 mins on top of that + ate much healthier and figured out my portion control issues lol I had decent results that way. Lost about 15 #s in about 1.5 -2 months.
  • mnm424
    mnm424 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    1st time around at the shred I did it everyday and only the shred nothing else and got really good results. 2nd time I did 10 days straight then rest along with cardio and also the squat challenge and got good results...

Just do what you feel is right for you :wink:
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Edit: Do other people just do the shred or is everyone doing it as an extra? I cant do it and something else after - is that cos I am seriously unfit?!
    I do other workouts (Pilates classes, running) along with the Shred, but I find it works better to to the other things BEFORE. If I run a few miles, I'm nicely warmed up for 30DS and can do it right after. After Pilates, I sometimes need a break, so after class I might have something to eat, wait an hour so I don't try to do 30DS on a full stomach (which, if you need to be told, is a very, very bad idea!), then do the Shred. Then if Jillian kicks my butt, I don't have to try to do anything later.
  • bossyfairy
    bossyfairy Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your input everyone! Last weekend I tried to do extra and could barely walk the next day! I am seriously unfit (but getting fitter!!)
  • Divagettinfitin2011
    Divagettinfitin2011 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I did 10 days of each level with no breaks!
  • nrsblc
    nrsblc Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hey, its a 30 day shred! No breaks. I'm at L2D5 and i never had a rest day and im happy with it, and also seeing very good results! I would feel guilty if i took a rest day because the workout is only 28 mins( though its very intense, lol)