Before & After -- 6 Week Challenge

Options
whittrusty
whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
I bought a dress 6 weeks ago that I could zip up, but it didn't look good enough to wear in my best friend's wedding...so I challenged myself to make it look awesome by her wedding.

Well the wedding was last night and here are the final 6 week challenge results!

BEFORE:
DSCN0790.jpg
DSCN0788.jpg

AFTER:
DSCN0842.jpg
DSCN0843.jpg

My goal was to lose 25 lbs total before her wedding and I got to 21 lbs. Not too shabby! :)

Replies

• Skagirl
    Skagirl Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congratulations. The dress looks great.
  • tbrewer29
    Options
    Great job! You look great! Losing 21# in 6 weeks is no small feat! Congrats!

Well done.
  • judyth
    judyth Posts: 6
    Options
    YOU LOOK AMAZING:drinker:
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    Wow! You look great. How'd you do it?!
  • glspenc
    glspenc Posts: 3
    Options
    Now that is motivation!!!! Awesome job!!!! You look amazing!!!!! Please give us a few tips that kept you on track!!!!
  • bitterbuffalo
    Options
    I love your dress! My motivation is to fit back into some of my jeans.
  • whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I didn't lose 21 lbs in just 6 weeks. When I bought the dress, I had already lost 12.5 lbs.

The most effective thing that I have found is to record EVERYTHING that I eat and work out most days of the week. I use a HRM that accurately estimates how many calories I burn in each work out and I shoot to burn at least 600 calories/workout, 5-6 days/week.

Allow yourself to eat things that you "shouldn't have", but remember that you don't WANT to eat those every day because getting healthier, thinner, stronger, etc. will NOT be accomplished by eating crap food.

Just do the best you can. If you only lose 0.5 lbs a week, that'll add up to 26 lbs over a year! That's a lot.

One day at a time. Set small goals. All of a sudden, your big goals will be met too.
  • gussde
    gussde Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I think the best part is that your loss added a smile!! Great job and keep up the good work!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    respect-040.GIF

Hot momma!! Woo hoo!
  • VenturaGurl
    VenturaGurl Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    You look great! Keep it up!
  • luvstolose
    Options
    Way to Go! The dress looks great! Congrats on a job well done! :smile:
  • OlenaS
    OlenaS Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Great work! And great inspiration.
  • FuerImmerStark
    Options
    nice job! that's awesome (:
  • MandyMay
    MandyMay Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hot dang!! You look GREAT!!
  • dmbutler9
    Options
    Awesome! Congratulations!

And thank you for sharing!
  • Rosebriar
    Options
    You did great. You are an inspiration.:happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!