Eating healthy when you hate cooking

Options
2»

Replies

• taidasrictar
    taidasrictar Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    one thing i like to do is make a big pot a spaghetti sauce using jarred sauce (i like Prego Light smart) with a little ground turkey and mushrooms garlic

i usually water it down a little and get get 6 under 100 cal servings out of 1 jar

then when i need it just spend 10 mins boiling pasta and steaming veggies and feed off it for about a week :smile:
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I eat lots of premade deli salads, sandwiches, chips and popcorn. Easy peasy

Also precut and washed fruits and vegetables. Open and eat.
  • Sharkington
    Sharkington Posts: 485
    Options
    I used to hate cooking too, but eventually had to learn to like it when I started living on my own. (I had gotten used to my family cooking and my exes were all good cooks who cooked for me, so it was an adjustment), but I am happy I did. I guess you can try by looking up simple recipes. Sauteing food is very quick and a method I use to cook a lot of my food and most of my dishes are healthy (just throw in a small amount of olive oil and you're good to go). I think maybe once you start cooking simple dishes and seeing how delicious they come out, it will make you curious about trying other things - with new spices and flavors. :) Once I started enjoying my own food and feeling proud of what I made, i started to enjoy cooking much more and I haven't touched a frozen dinner since.

But I may be underestimating your hatred for cooking, though. Haha.One thing to make healthier meals quicker is microwave steaming veggies - which is really not a bad way to cook veggies despite popular misconceptions. Another suggestion is to throw in baked sweet potatoes/yams into oven for 45 minutes to an hour and go off to do other things you need to do in the mean time.

A slow cooker might be another option for you. There is preparation time, of course, but you can usually leave it alone for awhile.