what is a realistic weight loss goal from now til september?

Options
any thoughts on this?

Replies

• garryt1980
    garryt1980 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    More info about your currents stats is required to even come close to a ballpark
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    If that is you in your picture then you do not have much to lose. What is it that you want to improve?
  • coco3382458
    coco3382458 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    yes its me but i have a little bit of love handles and kinda a big butt-lol Im 170 at 5'9 when I put these stats in to a bmi it says I am overweight. I want to drop 20 lbs
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    yes its me but i have a little bit of love handles and kinda a big butt-lol Im 170 at 5'9 when I put these stats in to a bmi it says I am overweight. I want to drop 20 lbs

You can safely lose about 1 pound a week. Calculate your calorie needs using MFP (or another approach), and make sure you eat back at least 1/2 your exercise calories if you do use MFP.

I'm always going to suggest trying strength training of some type, anything from bodyweight routines to power lifting, as this combined with sufficient protein will enable you to retain most of your lean body mass and look very good when the weight comes off. Eat about 1 gram of protein per pound of lean body mass, about 0.35 grams of fat per pound of total body weight, and fill the rest with carbs (veggies, fruit, grains, and the occasional cup of ice cream or booze of your choice). Then be patient!