One more time please...

Options
Hello - I'm Leah, 36 years old, mother of 4, trying ONCE AGAIN to focus some more on my health. I used this site for about 6 months over a year ago, and while the tools were great...I just lost interest in it...but I know that I do so much better with support, and I don't really get that from anyone around me. So...I'm back :)
I changed my food lifestyle a few years ago in order to help have energy to care for the people around me, but not being active enough (ha - exercise is what I mean - I'm hella active with my kids) has kept me at the weight I am at.
Some stuff about me...
I lost 50lbs over a year ago, but regained about 10...and my ultimate goal was to lose about 100 - so I have a ways to go.
I am on the green smoothie bandwagon - they give me so much energy and taste so yummy!
I am about to have more time to myself, because my children will be on vacation with their dad - perfect time to really make a change and recommit to what I know is best for me.

So...anyway...hello and good luck to everyone else on their journey!

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Hi welcome to MFP

This tool has been very helpful to me in my healthy journey. I hope it helps you too.

There are some interesting MFP "Groups". You can find them in the Blue Banner under "Groups"

Here is a link to one group

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/2472-green-smoothie-challenge

Good luck in your journey
  • prgirl39
    prgirl39 Posts: 108
    Options
    Welcome! That is awesome that you are here and getting back on track. I recently started juicing and love it too. Good luck and remember you are not alone. We are all in this together.

I am 41, mom of 3, recently diagnosed with pre diabetes. I need to be healthy for me, me, me and my family! I am putting myself first for once in my life.
  • bass2be1
    bass2be1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    hi,
    I have been making green smoothies for about a month and my favorite is kale and zuccini with blueberries.
    I hope it is making me feel better on the inside.
    I also like a tropical blend with the kale. I drink them to get my veggies in.
    hopefully it will create more energy. I am having fun with it.