How to log zumba?

Options
I tried to do a search for it (on google and mfp), but I didn't find any solid information on it. I took my first zumba class today and it was killer! I know I will get used to it. I want to do it on Wednesdays and Sunday. I weigh 190 pounds, I keep seeing information for the average person weighing around 150. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Replies

• avgulik
    avgulik Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I log Zumba under 'Cardio, Dance' but would be open to hear what others use. :-) It's fun and you work up a great sweat!
  • hels4397
    hels4397 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I log it as Dancing, aerobic, ballet or modern, twist
  • SuzMcH
    SuzMcH Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I've been logging it as dancing, aerobic, ballet or modern, twist.

I might look at cardio dance too as I feel the calories burned are quite low for me when I use dancing, aerobic, ballet or modern, twist.
  • 25anniversary2011
    25anniversary2011 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    If you are really serious about logging and changing your lifestyle, invest in HRM. Before I purchased mine, I was logging in zumba and even just walking according to website. Way too many calories burned, giving me false calorie counts on my diary. It is so much more accurate. I have to loose over 100 lbs so I knew the $100 investment would be worth it because I would be using the HRM for a very long time. Since you don't have too much to loose, maybe you could borrow one for a bit just for accuracy and then you could determine what to log in afterwards.
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    That's a great idea! I'm thinking of hinting around for a hrm for christmas. I may get one sooner because I do want to accurately stay accountable. That's why I try not to eat all my exercise calories (most of the time) because I think they could be off by as much as 20 percent.
  • 25anniversary2011
    25anniversary2011 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Did you ever get an HRM for tracking your calories burned during Zumba?