days where you eat cant stop eating?

Options
GODfidence
GODfidence Posts: 249 Member
Does anyone know why this happens?
I'm not really on a "diet" or low calorie intake by any means.
Between 2,000-3200 per day usually but for some reason I just want to keep
Eating today. I didn't really do cardio,just lifted weights today and it's not like Im
Necessarily hungry. I just want to eat. My brain wants food every 10 seconds
But why?

Replies

• aelunyu
    aelunyu Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Psychological reasons, most likely. Hormonal? Any number of reasons. But...you can stop eating. You are just choosing not to stop...right?
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    calories are not directly associated with hunger.

try unprocessed foods such as straight up steak, chicken breast. fruit with the skin still on it and let me know if you still experience crazy hunger.
  • GODfidence
    Options
    Psychological reasons, most likely. Hormonal? Any number of reasons. But...you can stop eating. You are just choosing not to stop...right?

Yea,I mean Im controlling myself for the most part but ultimately I want to eat food.
    I don't limit any foods,sugar,carbs, none of that but for some reason a whole box of pop tarts and
    Granola bars sounds good. I don't get it.
  • Healthy2BHappy
    Healthy2BHappy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I feel this way when I don't drink 6-8 cups of water.
  • ScouseNerd
    ScouseNerd Posts: 119 Member
    Options

try unprocessed foods such as straight up steak, chicken breast. fruit with the skin still on it and let me know if you still experience crazy hunger.

I've been there. It's crazy, right? A coffee table would look appealing if you put some ketchup on it.

But above I agree with. I love processed food and sometimes when I spend all day eating chips or something and I end it with a salad, it'd like the hunger storm's over. My body's happen with some actual nutrients.
    Try some salmon or other meat to get the most out of it. To get the same satisfying taste, I usually put some (light) mayo, bread crumbs, parmasen & herbs on a chicken breast and bake it. Tastes awesome and completely satisfying.
  • aelunyu
    aelunyu Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Ah. Carb cravings. Some primary reasons for this..and it has to do with emotional attachment to food, and more importantly the neruolgical responses to you taking in sugar...which spurs insulin, dopamine, seratonin, and a bunch of feel-good chemicals to start flooding your neuro receptors.

there's a chance you're experiencing sugar withdraw. Which you wouldn't even notice, until you eat modestly for a few days and your brain thinks you're not happy, or you need to party for a day.

usually happens to me during times of extreme zombie-ing and boredom.

Start chugging fiber. Maybe that'll slow things down. Or eat something oily? You don't look fat so if this is your only problem you're golden.
  • jallistair
    Options
    I'm going through this today :(

It was great when I was vegan 'cause I didn't gain weight and I ate as much as I wanted but I'm readjusting my lifestyle and it's terrible!

I noticed when this happens to me I'm usually tired or I haven't drank enough water. I used to suspect it's because I wasn't getting the nutrients I really needed and my body was telling me in other ways. Also, different types of stress and hormones plays a part IMO.
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options

I've been there. It's crazy, right? A coffee table would look appealing if you put some ketchup on it.

But above I agree with. I love processed food and sometimes when I spend all day eating chips or something and I end it with a salad, it'd like the hunger storm's over. My body's happen with some actual nutrients.
    Try some salmon or other meat to get the most out of it. To get the same satisfying taste, I usually put some (light) mayo, bread crumbs, parmasen & herbs on a chicken breast and bake it. Tastes awesome and completely satisfying.

yea I have to balance it out. The main unprocessed for for me that drives me nuts is guacamole. I would literally become obese if I could eat that all day. omg.

nuts have **** satiety btw

I have to balance it out with fruits, berries, apples, kiwi

berries have a lot of satiety. I did not know 1 cup of berries is only like 70 calories and raspberries and blackberries have like 8g of fiber for that 1 cup

mind=blown
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    something bothering me emotional eating I want to eat when I am not hungry, otherwise I make myself stop, eat a lot of protein helps. I remind myself I want to fit in my clothes also helps. sugarless gum helps.
  • GODfidence
    Options

yea I have to balance it out. The main unprocessed for for me that drives me nuts is guacamole. I would literally become obese if I could eat that all day. omg.

nuts have **** satiety btw

I have to balance it out with fruits, berries, apples, kiwi

berries have a lot of satiety. I did not know 1 cup of berries is only like 70 calories and raspberries and blackberries have like 8g of fiber for that 1 cup

mind=blown

I could eat almonds all day and never get full, but
    Apples and almonds fixes that. Weird

I love berries!
  • jeanineslove
    Options
    Oh yeah. It is usually emotions with me or I am just bored. A lot of times if I am super happy/excited Ill dig into the sweets and not be able to stop. Or when I am bored and not even hungry, Ill just go eat something.
  • smartandtrim
    smartandtrim Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I handle carb cravings (I get them like hell with my meds) by eating dried edamame. It fills me up, is low carb and high protein, plus they're so dry I have to drink more water! Also, turkey jerky is heaven sent.