you have got to be kidding me!!

Options
2»

Replies

• sagesitter
    Options
    Don't be discouraged, keep with the right foods. One night will not ruin you so get back on track. Keep your chin up and march to a different drummer ... LOL
  • jinxdflame
    Options
    I love the Wii Fit but sometimes I want to choke that lil guy who says in a very discouraging manner "THAT'S OVERWEIGHT" LOL

or 'your leg is shaking' in a really school teacher, how dare it be shaking tone!!! I swear my fit board actually says 'ouch' when i step on it, or am I imagining that its is saying ouch!

it also has my weight at a stone less than i actually am so will have to reset my goal as 14 pounds lower than really want!
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    As most have said before me, sodium is the kicker! If you would like some DVD ideas, Ive been doing these since December '09, and while I haven't lost a lot of "weight", I have toned so much and reshaped my body: I'm wearing clothes I wore when I was 10lbs thinner, so that number on the scale doesn't mean so much to me.
    Tammilee Webb is a great instructor: my fav is her "Best of" which is a 2-disc set: buns, abs, arms and thighs (w/a bonus yoga segment at the end of each): they're 15mins each so you can do all of 1. Also, her "Tight on Time' is great. I also added in Tai-Chi, I like Scott Cole & do his "Discover Tai-Chi for Weight Loss". I mix them all up through the week, workout 5-6 days a week, and everyone at work thinks I'm on this great diet but the biggest part is the exercise, I still eat, go over my cals most days, but I look and feel SO much better :flowerforyou:
  • fmax46
    fmax46 Posts: 20
    Options
    I agree with other posters, could be the sodium.

I was doing well all week - down 2lb by Wed then at night had biryiani. Weighed out around 300g so I wouldn't just eat the whole thing - it was really, really good. Stayed within my overall calories, and scale said 3lb gain next day!!!! For next two days I just
    watched what I ate and drank lots of water and lost a couple of the lbs gained.

Just get back on track and drink lots of water.
  • Sallyismyname
    Sallyismyname Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Shoot! I know how you feel. If that is all you have done wrong on your diet, you might just need a cup of Senna Tea before bed. I hate to say this but you might be... um.... blocked up. There is this organic senna tea called Smooth Move. If you add 2 tea bags to a cup of hot water before bed, and drink it- you should have a "movement" in the morning. I do this from time to time to keep my self regular. Also, drink a ton of water. It could be water weight. The more water you drink, the less will be stored in your body. Those are my thoughts. I highly doubt it is 2 lbs of fat. Having a drink could have slightly bloated you. Water and Senna Tea. Clean that out!!
  • mom_luk
    mom_luk Posts: 6
    Options
    Maybe the quick weight gain could be something like the sodium in the processed food (Chow mein?).
  • poptop
    poptop Posts: 1
    Options
    I agree with above. Chx chow mein, if it came from a restaurant is probably loaded with sodium. Give it a day or two with lots of water and you'll be back to normal.
  • Shell6371
    Shell6371 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been battling with the same 5 pounds for 3 months. I did so good when I first joined MFP in late December and I lost about 30 pounds by logging my food and joining a weight loss challenge group where I work. The problem was after the challenge ended (which I won!) I lost my motivation and have been losing and re-gaining the same 5 or so pounds since then!

I joined a new challenge with some friends about 5 weeks ago. At the beginning of the challenge I was at 266. Lose/Gain, Lose/Gain same old story. 10 days ago I was at 262. At Wednesday's weigh in I was back to 266 and mad as heck at myself!!! With the help of my team leader I got motivated again! For the past 4 days I have been exercising at least 28 minutes a day (two 14 minute miles), increased my water intake by at least 32 oz (minimum of 12 glasses a day)., logged every morsel that went into my mouth, became active on MFP and posted regular updates on my Facebook page. The combination has made a huge impact and I am back down to 262 again!

My point is --- I'm sure some of my 4 pounds gain was also attributed to water/sodium, which is what the previous poster's have said about your 2 pounds....

So chin up ^^^ It will happen for you. Just be patient... be brave... be honest!