Snacking

Options
My main problem is that I tend to snack on small things that add up over time. Does anyone have any good suggestions for snacks that are low in calories?

Replies

• LastFighter
    LastFighter Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    fruits, Im a sugar guy so Ive been doing strawberries a lot
  • Becka77
    Becka77 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Homemade snow cones. I have a margaritaville shaved ice machine and I pour sugar free Torani syrup (0 calories) over it. You can buy snow cones machines at Wal-Mart or Target that are inexpensive. Obviously you need healthy snacks too, but if you just want something to munch on, these are good.
  • Lauris83
    Lauris83 Posts: 58
    Options
    sugar free jell-o...weight watchers string cheese...murrays sugar free chocolate bites (cookies) ...activia low fat yogurt...fiber one 90 cal bars<--- Those are all under 100 calories so I always stock up on them. I'm sure there are more greater options like veggies and salad :) but I have a terrible sweet tooth lol
  • iamdesiderata
    iamdesiderata Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    any type of fresh/raw fruit or veggie. if you dont really like your veggies or are getting sick of the apple/banana/orange/repeat thing, i'd try some raw almonds or walnuts, white popcorn, dried fruit. but really you should be snacking throughout the day, it's what keeps your blood sugar in check and metabolism revving. you should be having 5 small meals a day, or like me, eat something small every 2-3 hours. works like a charm! i never seem to go over my calorie count either :)

1512344.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • beeeez
    beeeez Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks very much for everyone's input! I am snacking now on fresh foods, so that will definately help.
  • raymj61
    raymj61 Posts: 142
    Options
    I've been snacking on pinapple chunks this week. It only takes a few of them and they're about 60 cals for 1/2 cup
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I tend to pre make snacks, then I label right on the container how many calories, and carbs/protein it contains, I pick a snack within whatever calorie mark I want to stay and this lets me eat whatever I want knowing that i'm staying within my goals. For example, I have premade baggies of nuts and raisins, carrots, granola, whole wheat crackers I keep mini muffins frozen in the freezer..and so on... I keep single portion sizes of peanut butter in little dollar store jars, I can eat it just like that, or i'll dip apple slices or celery sticks in it. I also like the little cans of flavoured tuna that you can buy, single serving and you can eat it right out of the container.
  • Joynh
    Joynh Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I just found Leclerc (Praeventia) they have cookies and bars that are really good and about 100 cals! They also have some other health benifits too! Check them out I have been snacking on them. I need chocolate so many contain chocolate! I find it i get my fixies small amount throughout the day then I don't freak out and go eat a bag on M&Ms or something crazy!