Question and I'm Pretty sure its a dumb one...pls explain

Options
Can someone pls explain to me what this net is on my daily diary? I see it on my app on my Iphone when using my daily diary. I know its my daily goal calories - my remaining calories = the net. So I'm just wondering what the net is actually meaning. Not sure if that makes any sense. Thanks to anyone that is able to help.

Replies

• PammyKY
    PammyKY Posts: 129
    Options
    Hi I joined on Tuesday but will see if I can help. What do you mean by Net on daily diary?
  • jinxdflame
    Options
    It's the calories you have left to eat I believe
  • sal05
    sal05 Posts: 11
    Options
    I see it on my app on my Iphone when using my daily diary. I know its my daily goal calories - my remaining calories = the net. So I'm just wondering what the net is actually meaning. Not sure if that makes any sense.
  • Vanessa1977
    Options
    I think your refering to the calories you still have left to eat before you meet your suggested calories for the day. For example let's say you have 1600 calories a day, whatever you have showing as a net is how many calories you have left to eat before you reach the 1600. If you go over 1600 calories in a day the net number shows as a negative.
  • ajimenez
    ajimenez Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Net calories are:
    (a) the daily calories that you're supposed to eat PLUS (b) the calories you earn from exercise MINUS (c) the calories you have consumed with food for the day.

Net calories represent the calories you still have left to consume based on these three things.

I hope that makes sense...
  • PammyKY
    PammyKY Posts: 129
    Options
    I believe its the calories you have consumed so far for the day.
  • sal05
    sal05 Posts: 11
    Options
    ok thanks for the help.....its just the net on My IPHONE is way different from the net that shows when I log on this site....THANKS AGAIN!!!
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Sometime the iPhone app and the site get out of sync. Usually the site is the correct number.