Lindt Excellence 99% Cocoa Dark Chocolate, wow!

Options
2»

Replies

• HaggisWhisperer
    HaggisWhisperer Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have a bar of the Green and Blacks 85% at the moment - I've not seen a 99% Lindt bar, but I'll definitely look out for it.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Our whole family almost never eats milk chocolate. I never buy it, and when given the choice when we are out, the kids pick the dark stuff because they prefer it. Yay!

My littlest kid and I love the Lindt 99% (99% cacao, 1% sugar), but we tend to keep the 90% on hand more often. Also, it has a good amount of iron in it, so it's even good for you. I've tried a few brands of 99% chocolate over the years, and Lindt is my favorite because it's the least chalky.

We keep a constant stock of Lindt Excellence 90%, Endangered Species 88% (23 calories a square and cures my cravings with one square), and Endangered species 88% chocolate mint (kids love this one).

I've seen all of these at WalMart, and if you're in the Southeast, Publix stocks all of them.
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I tried Lindt 99% cocoa fine dark chocholate (50g) for the first time...and wow! this is the first time I tasted chocolate bar with absolutely no sweetness and pure! it also comes with a warning that first time eaters should try their 75% first...then 88%..then only build up to 99%, and I can understand why! it is slightly bitter and not many can stand the taste,but because of the taste u will be sure it is almost pure cocoa only, taste so rich of chocolate that ur craving will be gone immediately with one piece. according to MFP one bar is 270 kcal, so 1 piece is about 13 kcal as there is 21 pieces in a bar...not sure how good or bad it fares in term with calories as compared with other brands.

anyone else tasted before? or any other healthy choc recommendations? coz I will definitely buy another bar of 99% cocoa when the current one finishes, for my occasional choc cravings =D

I'm eating some RIGHT now. I would say I prefer Lindt's 90% over this 99% I'm eating, but both good!
  • gabbylab
    gabbylab Posts: 146
    Options
    There is always 2~3 Lindt bars in my freezer. Haven't worked up to 99% yet, but I do have 85%. And sea salt, orange, chili pepper. I couple of squares is perfect :D

Aaaaaah, I love the sea salt! It is fiendish! The dark richness and sweetness, with the kick of salt *droolz*

how to eat with sea salt n chilli pepper?? sprinkle on it?? :indifferent:

I believe the are bars with those flavors if I am not mistaken.

Yes, the bar is already flavored with chili pepper. Oh and that sea salt? Fantastic with a glass of wine ;)
  • chidori_nep
    chidori_nep Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    haha this topic make me really want to run out right now and buy lots of chocolates!! maybe sea salted ones, and a bottle of red wine.
    i LOVE the 99 percent. However, like you said no sweetness so not everyones cup of tea. The ones with seas salt, chili, orange etc have a lot more of a sugar and carb content so if you are looking to lower your levels of that the 85-99 percent is the way to go. Don't get me wrong I LOVE the flavored ones but the ones with 'stuff' in them really vary in levels of sugar.
    I totally agree with you!! I also bought 99% because im worried about the 'stuff' on them having diff lvls og sugar. I'll buy 99% to curb cravings, maybe 85% for treats!