Had a Bad Day and Need Some Support

Options
Hey fitness pals,

I have been on fitnesspal since February and have been doing really well. I started at 202 and down to 178. My goal weight is 145 to 150. I've surprised myself at how motivated I've been, working out 4 to 5 days per week and have been training to run a 5k. I'm up to 3.5 miles now! Eating super healthy and ALWAYS tracking everything. But I've had a bad couple days. Today I actually ate 3 big pieces of pizza and am so sluggish. Now I remember why I cut crap food out. I fear slipping back into old habits and am looking for a few words of support to kick me back into gear. It helps so much to hear from others who are in similar situations or who have success stories.

Replies

• moondawg14
    moondawg14 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Hey fitness pals,

I have been on fitnesspal since February and have been doing really well. I started at 202 and down to 178. My goal weight is 145 to 150. I've surprised myself at how motivated I've been, working out 4 to 5 days per week and have been training to run a 5k. I'm up to 3.5 miles now! Eating super healthy and ALWAYS tracking everything. But I've had a bad couple days. Today I actually ate 3 big pieces of pizza and am so sluggish. Now I remember why I cut crap food out. I fear slipping back into old habits and am looking for a few words of support to kick me back into gear. It helps so much to hear from others who are in similar situations or who have success stories.

Pizza is a big problem for me too. Listen, it was one day. Go get some good sleep and wake up tomorrow refreshed. It's done, you can't change it. don't stress about it, and don't do it again.

One day is NOT going to derail your progress. Obsessing about it... might. :^)

You've done a GREAT job so far. Focus on THAT.
  • pjol79
    pjol79 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! Some days can be rough and get ya down, but you've been on here since Feb and sound like you've seen some great results. Celebrate your victories and don't sweat the small stuff. Health and wellness is a journey, and every road has a few bumps on it. :) That's all the cliche stuff I got for now, if you want a cheesy supportive friend, feel free to add me!
  • 007FatSlayer
    007FatSlayer Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Stop it before it becomes a habit. A few days will hinder weight loss for the week, but as long as you start fresh next week/today, you'll be OK! You've done really well with your weight loss, so you know what you need to do!! :smile:
  • kara2
    kara2 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Well, I sometimes need a kick in the but too. If it's not to late where you live then go out and walk off some of those calories from the pizza. I started this journey on January 26th at 402.6 lbs. Now 131 days into it I have lost 73.8 lbs. I allow myself two less healthy meals a week (usually saturday and sunday night dinners). I plan ahead and excercise and try to burn a lot of calories on saturday morning and I am having success. I think you have to accept it for what it is and move on.

I read a book by Bob Harper called "Are you ready?" and it really helped me to change my thinking about food. It may help you. Good luck and go for that walk. P.S. sign up for the 5K it helps keep me motivated. I have walked 3 since I started and nothing keeps you going if you put out money out for it. Best of luck on your journey.
  • JAGgirl47
    JAGgirl47 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You are having fantastic results. Don't be so tough on yourself. My body has not been crazy about losing weight so I've had a very slow process. What has helped is to not think of this as just a one year project, but gaining a level of awareness of food. What do our bodies respond well to? What has deadly calorie count? What do I have to do to maintain weight during busy seasons or "less disciplined" seasons. Sometimes we can't keep up with the pace that's needed to keep on losing weight. The key is changing habits and developing a healthy lifestyle that we can maintain for the long run. And if we are honest, no one is well behaved with their food all the time. Events pop up, crisis loom, schedules bombard us and make it difficult to shop for healthy groceries, much less prepare them. We have to learn to take everything in stride, not get too freaked about rough times and try just to be " mostly healthy".
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    bad_day2.gif

Just one day, tomorrow is another chance to get it right.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Sit down for this, because I'm about to shock you. Ready? Okay. Here it is... one day of excess calories once in a while isn't going to hurt you. Really, it isn't.

Now, take a deep breath and relax.
  • jules777_us
    jules777_us Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have a twisted success story for you. I was 195 8 years ago. Kicked my bit into gear 7.5 years ago and got down to an unbelievable 135 in 6 months. Managed to maintain the weight for about 2-3 years then I had hmmmm I guess we could call it a pizza slip day.....lol that pizza slip day continued for 3 years and here I am again this week starting over weighing in at 186. DO NOT LET THE PIZZA WIN. I let the pizza win and its not been a fun ride and the damn pizza was sooooooo not worth it.

A cheat day here and there is not to bad just limit it. Don't get into that mode of ill start my diet next Monday like I did.

Did I scare you enough to go run a lap or two tonight?LOL
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Pick yourself up...dust yourself off....and give that pizza that knocked you off the wagon and into the dirt a big ..!..

Tomorrow is another day....keep logging and make sure you hit your goals tomorrow!
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    Nope, one pizza eating day is not going to erase 24 pounds lost through hard work and dedication. And you said you feel pretty sluggish...sounds like your body really prefers your healthier eating habits.

Don't fear slipping back into your old habits, you are calling the shots and you have made tremendous progress. You've got this!

Tomorrow is a new day.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Don't let it derail you. Forgive yourself and move on, but remember how you feel now. The next time you're staring down the barrel of a loaded slice of pizza, remember this feeling. It's easier to turn down crap when you have something to balance it against rather than doing it "because you should". I will sometimes also go back and look at the sharp rises in weight I have had a few times by letting things get away from me to remind myself how easy it is to start down that slope. Some people can do the cheat days and bad food in moderation, but that doesn't work for me. I've had to cut "just once won't hurt" from my thought process because I end up using it to justify far too many bad decisions. Remember why you're doing this and how much better you feel when you eat right. Good luck.
  • sparkle814
    sparkle814 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hey man if this is the first time you've had an off day, that's not too bad. Just get back on track tomorrow. If you are like me and weigh yourself obsessively everyday lol, you may be up a pound or two tomorrow but don't freak out, it'll process out of your system in a couple days. Congrats on your progress, doing great!
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I had pizza today. I'm under my calories. There is nothing wrong with pizza occasionally. Just keep it in your calorie limit. *HUGS*
  • donald149
    donald149 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    One bad meal does not equal a bad week. Get over it and plan your next day instead. :)
  • shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    When you need motivation, read your post to yourself. You have the secret right there in front of you. How did you feel after the pizza? Reminding myself of the sluggish our of sorts mood I get in when I go for junk keeps me in line some times. Sometimes I just have to have the junk, but it is very limited. Pizza is hard no matter how you order it. Next time just have two slices instead of three, and don't indulge more than once a month. (Or set your own limits)
  • rebeccajordannn
    rebeccajordannn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    don't worry girl. you can always begin again! you've got this!