I love and hate birthdays!

Options
So i just had a birthday!. Of course we went out to eat at yummy resturant and i ate too much! And then comes cake and ice cream! It was great at the time but afterwards i felt aweful and guilty for eating too many calories! Tomorrow is a new day though and will keep fighting to get healthier.

Replies

• Vune
    Vune Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! Mine is tomorrow. The last thing you need is to feel guilty about your birthday for any reason. You got to be a little decadent on your big day! Now, you can go back to the moderation of every day. Be awesome!
  • itsjosiebitch
    itsjosiebitch Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Eating too much on a birthday is okay imo. What sucks is when there are a bunch of birthdays in the same week/month. For example my grandpa's birthday is in the end of October, my birthday is November 6th, and my dad's birthday is November 10th. And there's always left over cake which usually means birthday cake for breakfast for me :blushing:
  • Mandygring
    Mandygring Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday to you too! :)
  • trin5703
    trin5703 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Cut yourself some slack! Its your birthday and it SHOULD be celebrated! Just go back to the program and carry on :)
  • minijag06
    minijag06 Posts: 70
    Options
    My birthday was Friday and I worked out hard all week so I could have a cheat meal AND cake and ice cream. It was awesome! Now I'm going to work out hard all week. I really think a cheat meal is fine as long as it is one time a week and it is PLANNED. It's pure heaven and something I look forward to every week!
  • xRay85Rayx
    xRay85Rayx Posts: 369
    Options
    Happy Belated Birthday! Mine was yesterday... Hope you enjoyed it!! Just get back to your routine once all the bday festivities are over. :-)
  • Mandygring
    Options
    Sometimes i wish there was a "like" button because you guys make me smile. Anyways, Happy belated birthday to you too, xRay85Rayx!
  • Mandygring
    Options
    and minijag06
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Love birthdays! Any excuse to eat cake is fine by me!
  • Zombella
    Zombella Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday! My birthday was on Wednesday. I had three pieces of cake (not all in one day) and that was it. I do like cake, but not the amount of calories that come with it! lol
  • KageyKat
    KageyKat Posts: 45
    Options
    My birthday was Wednesday, love all the June birthdays! We went to our favorite French restaurant and I had beginets for desserts. I went over my daily count but not my weekly as I planned extra exercise over the weekend. At my age, I'm happy that I have a birthday, LOL...
  • Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Yup I'm with you. My sister has a birthday the day after me, so it's a double whammy... I finally lost it yesterday and went a little crazy with cake and booze.

I have a lingering cold and I think it's because I haven't been as focused on healthy as much as keeping in the calories.

It wasn't a great milestone, and I had even made the goal I set back in February when I started, even though I thought it was lofty. I have only put on a lb from this weekend of partying, but I do need to regroup and focus now before this gets out of hand.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday to everyone who's just had one! It's only one day, try not to worry.

It was my daughter's birthday 4 weeks ago so I made a cake, and it's my son's birthday next Sunday so I will be making another cake! Luckily my husband and I have the same birthday(in Oct) so we can share a cake!
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding me?!

I'd feel guilty if I didn't stuff my face and act like a complete glutton on my birthday.
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday! Don't feel guilty about celebrating - it's only once a year. :) Be happy that you have friends and/or family to celebrate with!