Recap of week #1

Options
Good morning to all on this rainy saturday morning on Long Island, New York!! Well I'm finished with week one and am feeling good and very sore!! Yesterday I did squats for the first time in a while and I'm feeling it today. My legs were sore from Mondays lower body workout already, and now Im having trouble tying my shoes!!
I weighed in June 1st @ 221.8 and today I'm 219, and I'm following a 2lb per week weight loss plan. I think I did some generous food estimating the first week and thats the only reason i can think of why I didnt lose more. This week i will be weighing and measuring a little more.
I have to go to a wedding today and I am faced with another food challenge!! Hope you all had a good week and I wish everyone a great weekend!!...... Ray

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Good Morning to. Glad all is going well. Just remember though weight loss is not linear your body can't tell one week from the next so if you don't lose what you think there is a chance you may lose more the following week. Have a good day and enjoy the wedding
  • chidori_nep
    chidori_nep Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Good evening greetings from across the globe from Malaysia! will you be updating here weekly? If yes come let's do it together! :drinker:

This is also the end of my first week seriously using MFP, just starting to measure the portions of my food, and realized that I had been super sizing my portions all along. havent gone full on the exercising part, as having an exam next week. But still planning for a 40 mins jog later in the evening today.

realized too I had been taking far too few calories n binge subsequently!! so I am also on a lose 1.5 to 2 pounds a week regime, target nett calories of 1000 to 1250. So far so good, dont have access to a scale until next tues, but am feeling positive as Im confident to achieve the 2 pound = 7000 calories deficit this first week, as long as I dont binge on tonight's dinner and tomorrow's brunch! (eating brunch tomorrow with a few friends, and that might cause disaster to my caloric plans. May I have enough willpower to stay within the limit!

so yea, hi, and maybe we can be good fitness/ weight loss buddies. Feel free to add me n share food/exercise diaries. Cheers!
  • chidori_nep
    Options
    end of week 1 wasn't that great! sunday... had a little binge but healthily thank goodness...went abit cranky n craved more food! nvrmind I will eat my maintenance calories today but below it....maybe I should aim higher calories. hmmm. start work next week n it'll be difficult to track calories coz eat out for lunch!
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I hope this is not a current photo because if it is, I am not sure where you are going to slice 50# from. LOL> That being said, I think with a 50# loss as a goal, a 2# per week loss is doable on the short term. I suggest that as you near your goal that you slow this down to a 1# per week loss to slide into your goal a little slower and enable you to maintain better. According to what you have written this is the 4th or 5th time to lose the 50# (this is my 4th weight loss attempt so I am not judging).. the issue is not going to be losing it but rather maintaining it. This will be better done if you are easing into your goal than if you slam into it then abruptly change your diet by 1000 calories per day. (I am easing into my goal at this point and have been near goal for a while.. But for the first time, I have sustained a long term goal and am holding at near goal for several months running... (I started the process about 18 months ago and reached 230 8-9 months ago... Therefore, maintenance seems much easier this go around)... I am very glad to see that you are including weight training... that has helped me a lot and also gives you a post-weight loss goal to achieve... If you work on a goal for a long period of time then suddenly no longer have a goal, it will be harder to maintain. Weight training offers you an opportunity to shift to a new goal... getting stronger ... Therefore, you continue to improve rather than just try to maintain.. Hope the wedding went weell. Best wishes on your journey.
  • chidori_nep
    Options
    lol edit n bump
  • chidori_nep
    Options
    dont thwy have a delete post button?
  • nyqueensguy
    nyqueensguy Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Well Kdeaux1959, I have not weighed 175 in about 30 years, but I remember it well and I felt great at that weight. I would be happy right now just to get under 200lbs and stay there! To get back to 180 would be awesome. I use to do a lot of jogging when i was thin, but now I stick mostly to the treadmill because I get knee pain when I run outside. I think if I got to 175 the knee pain would be gone. Anyway, I agree with your point of gradually slipping into goal. When I do make it to goal, I want to stay there!!!!