Being Called fat hurts

Options

Replies

• itsjosiebitch
    itsjosiebitch Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    At least if you lose it, it won't happen anymore. Sad but true. People may even hold doors for you and find you attractive :flowerforyou: Use this as motivation to get healthier but tbt, you are perfect just the way you are. Don't listen to what other people tell you; they don't know you. :bigsmile:
  • siqiniq
    siqiniq Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Fat is what you have, not what you are. You can get rid of fat. She can't get rid of her *****iness. Keep on doing the good stuff.
  • Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are under age for MFP.
  • Arwaxx
    Arwaxx Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    U can lose weight but she can never lose Ugly! snap
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Fat is what you have, not what you are.
    thank you - i like this line.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    You have to learn to brush it off. People are going to call you all sorts of dirty names in your lifetime and will look for the most obvious thing to attack you with. Who you are isn't fat and it IS something that you can change.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Rude comments certainly hurt. You can let it bother you or use it as additional motivation to continue doing something to get healthy. Her assessment of you should only matter to you if her opinion matters to you -- and by the tone of this statement, I see no reason that it should matter to you. Put it behind you and move on. As one said, you can lose weight and be awesome, she on the other hand has a psychological problem that will haunt her long term... Best wishes on attaining your goals. You rock.
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    You have to learn to brush it off. People are going to call you all sorts of dirty names in your lifetime and will look for the most obvious thing to attack you with. Who you are isn't fat and it IS something that you can change.

This^^

I'd be more upset about her lack of creativity than anything else.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options

This^^

I'd be more upset about her lack of creativity than anything else.

I agree completely.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    It's because you believe her deep down inside. Step 1) Self realize that you aren't fat Step 2) Don't be bothered.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    You set yourself up for that! Why would your ENEMY give you a pat on the back and say "great job" keep up the good work! You are "fighting" with her, in a fight, ANYTHING GOES...if you did not know that, NOW you know. Get Tough or don't "fight".
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    It's an easy jab; they know it will hurt you, so that's what they go for.
  • stonel94
    stonel94 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Some people might yell at me, you included, for this. I haven't looked at your profile, I don't know how big you are, maybe you aren't that big or maybe you're morbidly obese. This is more for the morbidly obese people. I've been overweight too, obviously why I'm here. The way I see it is fat isn't an insult for one, it's a description, just like you would call someone skinny, a lot of really skinny people get offended by being called skinny. Like if you're morbidly obese you know you're fat, and if you don't realize that, well you should and some really hurtful insult, as bad at this may sound, might help you in the long run if it makes you stop and think about your body and your health and yourself.
    The thing about a lot of fat people is that they are either lazy or lack willpower, both which are not so great traits. You are doing something about it, so you're making the change, 2 lbs is better than nothing. But like...the thing with being fat, if you're really fat (because, I myself have thyroid issues and I know that and other health problems can make you gain weight even if you're eating healthy etc. etc.) but that only does to some extent, if you're morbidly obese you're doing that to yourself, and I feel no sadness for people who can't walk or are dying because they're so fat. they did it to themselves and they could change if they wanted to and really tried to just like all of us. And they don't.

That's the stigma with being fat.
    the thing is, if you are fat and you're losing weight, you should have come to terms with the fact that you're fat, and you want to change, so I see things like that as motivation, show them you can do it, and you aren't going to be fat forever.

Once you lose weight people might say that you are an obessive dieter or something else negative, you just gotta roll with the punches.
  • nickymarie011
    nickymarie011 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Anyone who insults someone because of their physical appearance is a snob. That is hitting below the belt and it is childish. You seem younger than most here on MFP. I'll tell ya, people will always talk and have something negative to say. Ignore them and don't let them steal your shine. You are doing good by losing those couple pounds, don't let some ignorant idiot bother you.
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I think anyone that does something like that is like a bully...they do that to make themselves feel or 'look' better around their peers, or have some insecurity issues about themselves.
  • MsPudding
    MsPudding Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I have only lost 2 pounds. I see that as a accomplishment. I shared that over lunch. Then I get an email from a girl I was fighting with. It hurt bad she called me fat and laughed in my face. Then she told m e in front of my crush that I needed to go to the gym. Why are people so mean to fat people?

Important part in bold. If you fight with people...guess what? They're going to say things they think will hurt you. It also takes two to fight so presumably you were firing back arrows at her too?

The lesson here is don't fight with people - life is way too short.
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Let it motivate you! The greatest revenge is to stop talking to her, and reach your goal! (-;

^^ This ^^

I dont care what anyone says. Being called fat HURTS!!
    But please keep your head up, look forward, and work towards your goals! =)
  • Mateo1985
    Mateo1985 Posts: 153
    Options
    Hey it really sucks that you had to go through that. But don't take it personally. Just use it as a motivation!!!!
  • MiawMiawMiaw
    MiawMiawMiaw Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    She sounds like a hateful *****! And I agree with everyone here, you can lose weight but she will always be a c***

As for being called fat, I use it as motivation because frankly right now, I am fat! And I've found that once you come to terms with it it can't hurt you any more.

I'm fat. Big deal! And I'm doing something about it =)
  • NatureChik1985
    Options
    This whole post sounds pretty childish. You were fighting with this girl and then you are surprised when she says something to hurt you? That's life dear. I highly doubt you are old enough to be here.

When I was fat and was called fat, it was the truth. I didn't see any reason to get upset because someone told me the truth.