stomach help!

Options
hello my fellow mfp! i am in serious need of some help! does anyone have any food, exercises or tips to losing my stomach and "love handles" as well as the lower back area? i just cant lose it!!!

PLEASE HELP!

Replies

• imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    hello my fellow mfp! i am in serious need of some help! does anyone have any food, exercises or tips to losing my stomach and "love handles" as well as the lower back area? i just cant lose it!!!

PLEASE HELP!

cardio my friend and a clean diet, it's the only way, once you've lost the fat surrounding the abs (not to say that will be the first place you lose it, because you can't spot reduce) then you can add strength training to tone it all up.
  • Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Crunches and side crunches... it the best way to gain abs and lose that fatty patches! I should speak for myself becuase i need to lose a lot of stomach fat, but its going down! Good luck and Im here for you Girllll!
  • garryskaggs
    garryskaggs Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Sit ups, I know they suck. If your alone just put your feet under the front edge of the couch and go for it. Start out slow and work your way up. Try using a towel on the tops of your feet as well to cushion the tops of your feet while you are doing them.
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I have been looking into this lately too, I agree with the above comments, but also just wanted to add that to help out with the lower back and love handles -.

Squats and Lunges!
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I have been looking into this lately too, I agree with the above comments, but also just wanted to add that to help out with the lower back and love handles -.

Squats and Lunges!
  • Raynedancer
    Raynedancer Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Bumpity-Bump
  • kharr333
    kharr333 Posts: 17
    Options
    thank you everyone!!! would bike riding (16-20 mph) be considered tummy fat burning carido??
  • imagymrat
    Options
    thank you everyone!!! would bike riding (16-20 mph) be considered tummy fat burning carido??

any cardio is fat burning cardio:wink:
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    Feel free to join our cycling group...
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/101771-mfp-cycling-club
    :happy:
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options

PLEASE HELP!

cardio my friend and a clean diet, it's the only way, once you've lost the fat surrounding the abs (not to say that will be the first place you lose it, because you can't spot reduce) then you can add strength training to tone it all up.
    @imagymrat
    Would you recommend doing strength training in conjunction with cardio? Or just get the weight off first and then build up? I burn most of my calories though cycling, but once winter comes, I thought I'd spend more time on strength and flexibility (weights and yoga). I just noticed you and I are the same age and you look FANTASTIC! :noway: Any recommandation would be appreciated. :drinker:
  • imagymrat
    Options

PLEASE HELP!

@imagymrat
    Would you recommend doing strength training in conjunction with cardio? Or just get the weight off first and then build up? I burn most of my calories though cycling, but once winter comes, I thought I'd spend more time on strength and flexibility (weights and yoga). I just noticed you and I are the same age and you look FANTASTIC! :noway: Any recommandation would be appreciated. :drinker:

Thank you for the compliment :blushing: I would tell a client who has alot of weight to lose to first focus on cardio, and start getting some of the weight off, but if you're not overly heavy then absolutely you can do both and should, everyone should be strength training, it's such an important aspect of maintaing muscle and gaining strength even if it's just to carry on daily activities..I think it's one thing more women need to do..