Healthy Snacks!

Options
Hello everyone I really need your help! I am a heavy snacker and I think that's what really holding up my process, do any of you have any snack ideas? If you do I'd really appreciate it if you could give me some tips!!!!

Replies

• sharp23
    sharp23 Posts: 4
    Options
    The new multigrain Cheerios that are lightly sweetened are awesome. They taste way better than the old plain, dry multigrain cheerios, and you can eat a full cup of them and it's only 110 calories!
    I also eat a lot of fruit, so that is usually my snacks.. kiwis, bananas, apples, grapes, cherries, etc
  • Aranel102
    Aranel102 Posts: 1
    Options
    Oh my goodness I just bought one of the Sunrype Fruit Strips (strawberry) and it's DELICIOUS. And 50 calories! Won't fill you up like crazy but it's decently sized, soo good, and really satisfied my craving for sour gummy worms!
  • startheory
    startheory Posts: 63
    Options
    I like to snack on: pretzels with hummus, or veggies and hummus. Also protein shakes, bananas, oranges, cherries (yay they are in season!), almonds, pumpkin seeds (when I can find them),
  • WeirdnessLeveMe
    WeirdnessLeveMe Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the great snack ideas :)
  • Trill2
    Trill2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    A couple of favorite snacks of mine are slicing up an apple or banana, sprinkling it with a small amount of sugar and cinnamon, and microwaving it for 20-30 seconds till tender. Top with fat free topping. Yum!
  • lanaclarksmommy
    lanaclarksmommy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think the way to set urself for success with snacking is set out some of your favorite fruits and veggies first thing in the morning, then you can snack on them as the day goes on. U'll see them on the counter and grab them, rather than looking through the cupboards. :)
  • jem302
    jem302 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness I just bought one of the Sunrype Fruit Strips (strawberry) and it's DELICIOUS. And 50 calories! Won't fill you up like crazy but it's decently sized, soo good, and really satisfied my craving for sour gummy worms!

If you're looking for something that might fill you up a tiny bit more, sunrype fruit source bars are the exact same just thicker. And they're soooo delicious. You can also get them 'plus veggie.' I usually grab one of those for my late night snack.
  • somanyrhoades
    somanyrhoades Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    The things I snack on most:
    Fruit
    Almonds (daily)
    other nuts, sometimes cashews or Brazil nuts
    Lately I've been eating a half cup of full fat plain yogurt with cinnamon and a half an apple diced and added (so good)... sometimes I put granola in it if calories allow
    I also make air popped pop corn with a dab of butter and sea salt, sometimes I put garlic powder and Parmesan instead.
    Fiber one 90 calorie bars in the A.M.
  • MelissaDoc
    MelissaDoc Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    String cheese and 100 cal Chobani bites are my go to late night snacks.
  • AprilRN10
    AprilRN10 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I'm also a heavy snacker. Mostly fruits...I love them! They are portable and healthy! I also do yogurt, nuts, sugar free pudding, string cheese, cottage cheese.
  • Laffinhippiegurl
    Laffinhippiegurl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    String cheese and olives or string cheese and grapes. Celery or carrots and hummus. Laughing cow cheese. Always almonds.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,748 Member
    Options
    The Bolthouse dressings in the produce area in fridge are real good. I use them as dressings (the raspberry or strawberry vinegrette's very sweet though) but the ranch is great for dipping veggies in if you like that. There's a salsa-type one too, though I haven't tried it. I haven't tried them with anything but vegetables, but the ranch is 40 cals/2 Tbsp..

On a tastier front, puffy white cheddar puffs called Pirate Booty has one serving at 36 of them (blanking on the calories, but it was reasonable and I had been sure I was over my daily amount when I had them).

Popcorn air popped or with a small amount of butter or some type of seasoning is good. The only other topping I've liked it with is garlic powder, though some like cinnamon or hot pepper seasonings.

Aside of Atkin bars and nuts, I'm out of ideas! Sometimes just having something like a salad with some Feta and lots of vegetables on it with a low cal or not too high cal dressing will take the edge off wanting to munch as it's filling enough. I love salads with some apple, feta, and various veggies and poppy seed dressing. Even making some vegetables or eating some fruit can help.

Nothing hits the spot on a hot day like having fruit salad on hand. You can add various fruits, some lemon juice to prevent browning, then have a bowl when you feel like it. I think it's Land o Lakes that has a spray whip cream that's 15-40 cals a serving, so total it won't be too high. Sugars are a different story, but I'm a but as long as you don't eat all of it, you're ok!
  • janimei
    janimei Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Low-sugar KIND bars. Two hundred calories but they satisfy my sweet tooth and keep me from far worse choices.
    They're nuts, chia seeds, honey, and something else (e.g., dark chocolate, madagascar vanilla, maple glaze, ginger, chili). Only 4 or 5 g of sugar.
    Also an apple with a cup of Trader Joe's Rooibos Ruby Chai tea (no caffeine).
  • JisatsuHoshi
    JisatsuHoshi Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Jalapenos cut in half filled with sour cream and bacon bit <_<;
  • lairyliam
    lairyliam Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Go to graze.com they post out tonnes of different and healthy snacks.
  • ferocityturbine
    ferocityturbine Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Go to graze.com they post out tonnes of different and healthy snacks.

I second this. Graze boxes are amazing...