PROGRESS picture - 68.8 lbs lost since Jan 1/13

Options
I am trying to post with pictures... I always got so much motivation from people's progress pictures (rather than just before and after) I do hope that someone .. even just one person .. sees that it was possible.

Starting weight - Jan 1, 2013 - 290 lbs.

DSC_4725_zps69d24c99.jpg

Current weight - June 8 - 221.2 lbs

b1908504-a859-4e88-951c-997e465e73d6_zpscdc06fc4.jpg

It's a progress picture.. but at least I am heading the right way - Good luck on your journey everyone :)

Grr.. trying to get the pictures to work.. sorry :(

Replies

• keithmustloseweight
    keithmustloseweight Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    DSC_4725_zps69d24c99.jpg

Current weight - June 8 - 221.2 lbs

b1908504-a859-4e88-951c-997e465e73d6_zpscdc06fc4.jpg
  • keithmustloseweight
    keithmustloseweight Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    That's amazing going in 6 months! well done!
  • tadnor
    tadnor Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    What a change! Fantastic job!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    what a difference..!!!! you look great.
  • londonboyben
    londonboyben Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    wow, amazing transformation,

well done :)
  • dreamweavers4
    Options
    you are lookng great! Love it! You will be there in no time!
  • hypatia67
    hypatia67 Posts: 12
    Options
    very inspiring!! what are you doing to lose?
  • MrsAvent79
    MrsAvent79 Posts: 18
    Options
    very inspiring!! what are you doing to lose?

I actually eat around 1700 calories (there are days I go over and under) but the "trick"/"secret" was to know how many calories I was actually burning per day. I try and burn 2700 per day and thus aim for the 2 lbs per week loss.

What was VERY interesting for me (as a crazy numbers person) is that when I started at the gym in Feb, my bodymedia was saying that I was burning almost 17 calories PER MINUTE on the Elliptical, now it's an average of 13 calories per minute... So my body is adapting to the exercise, but I have found as long as I know how many calories I am burning, there is no "plateau".. yes it's easier for my body to do any exercise, so I have to do HARDER exercise, or more of it to make up the difference.

Thank you all for the kind words :) *hug*
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Great progress! I wear a BodyMedia armband as well....have been for a year, but JUST started to really listen to IT more than the MFP generated calorie recommendation in the last few weeks. I've gotten my eating down well enough now (since joining MFP in March) that I have about 1000 calories in by about 5-6pm. I then sync my armband to figure out where I am for the day and finish out my calories for the day based on that. For me, it's rounding out to 1700-1900 a day. Before that, I had plateaued for 6+ weeks because I was trying to stay at the 1400 that MFP had wanted (meaning I was usually eating 1100-1300...which was WAY too low for me!) Sometimes I eat back calories now, many times I don't....so I know that overall I have plenty of "deficit" to work with, if I have an off day.

Now that I seem to have found my "sweet spot", I sure hope to have results as stunning as yours!
  • Balance_Breathe
    Options
    Thanks. I'm one person who is inspired and amazed at what six months can do.
  • strutdivastrut
    strutdivastrut Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Wtg!
  • FixIngMe13
    FixIngMe13 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! You seriously don't even look in your 200's in the after picture!!! Congrats!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • lynnelynsey
    Options
    Fantastic!!!!
  • nonoark
    nonoark Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    This is so exciting to see! Wow, is all I can say! Well done.
  • ruby1387
    ruby1387 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Wow. That's a great achievement!
  • Dinkelman69
    Options
    CONGRATZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:drinker:
  • KatieHPhoto
    KatieHPhoto Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Woo well done!
  • Waynes_World
    Waynes_World Posts: 333
    Options
    awesome job!!!
  • stevenleagle
    stevenleagle Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Awesome job
  • alehundrah
    alehundrah Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Wow great job. You have gone so far since January. You look amazing. You will hit your goal weight in no time. Your picture is such an inspiration
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!