Did you sabetoge yourself this weekend?

Options
Last Monday I started a thread about how poorly I do every weekend. I found a number of people in the same boat so we decided to start a support group. Here is the first check in after the weekend. How did you do?

Still not as good as I could do, I didn't do too bad. Took my two year old to the drive-in movie theatre for the first time Sat and had some snacks that weren't so healthy. And didn't do as well as I should have yesterday either but on the sam token I didn't do a poorly as I had been doing previous weekends. So with a few more weeks of support from all of you I shoudl be on the right track all 7 days of the week instead of just 5 1/2 of them.

Hope you all had a good weekend.

Replies

• VanessaC
    VanessaC Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Last Monday I started a thread about how poorly I do every weekend. I found a number of people in the same boat so we decided to start a support group. Here is the first check in after the weekend. How did you do?

Still not as good as I could do, I didn't do too bad. Took my two year old to the drive-in movie theatre for the first time Sat and had some snacks that weren't so healthy. And didn't do as well as I should have yesterday either but on the sam token I didn't do a poorly as I had been doing previous weekends. So with a few more weeks of support from all of you I shoudl be on the right track all 7 days of the week instead of just 5 1/2 of them.

Hope you all had a good weekend.
  • Sherona
    Sherona Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Yes i did. I ALWAYS overeat on the weekends, but i dont worry about it one bit. I am still loosing weight and i am fine with that. Also, i almost never eat bad foods. So when i do, i dont worry about it.
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    yes little stressed this week end. But did not do too bad.
  • mholmes
    mholmes Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I really don't worry about it right now but only because I used to eat bad every day, all the time. Now I'm on Alli, and eat healthy M-F so while I am quite carnivorous on the grease and such on the week-ends. I still have those other 5 days that I did a whole lot better than I used to! Something is better than nothing, however I imagine once I get done renovating my house (and don't have to work on it on the week-ends) and I have a kitchen to cook in I'll be eating much healthier! :tongue:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I managed to do great on Saturday, but tanked Sunday.
    6 days eating well and making goal is better than none!
    I'll work on day 7. It'll take some time, but I'll get there.
    WE ALL WILL!! :wink:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    The weekends are the hardest for me! :explode:
    This weekend wasn't too awful though. I had a going away party to attend Friday night and budgeted in a few beers for my calories for the day but of course once I got out and socialzing I forgot all about my "limit" :mad: Then we hit up Taco Bell on the way home. I didn't do too bad there, I ordered 1 chicken soft taco (no sour cream). But that night I went over my calories.
    Then I was bad on Saturday and did not log in any of my foods. I still mentally tried to keep myself on track and not go overboard.
    Sunday I went out to dinner at Olive Garden. Instead of ordering the Alfredo like I always want to do, I ordered a Shrimp and pasta dish with a light sauce. (I am sure it still wasn't the best, but it was the lesser of two evils). Oh and I only ate 1 breadstick as opposed to having to ask for more bread repeatedly.
    Good news though, I weighed myself this morning and I didn't gain!!! I have noticed that I am not having to force portion control anymore. I did not finish all of my meal at Olive Garden. (I definitely was a member of the clean plate club before)
    This is a great idea. I might make even better choices next weekend knowing I have to hold myself accountable on Monday.
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    Did terrible. Saturday was a party with the choice of beverages being beer, beer, beer, or this stuff called hand garnaide??? Everclear is evil. It was the first time I was meeting the hubby's coworkers, so I let nerves get the better of me. Sunday we worked out for around an hour, washed his Jeep (which means waxing and polishing too....goodness!!!). I did well to be physically active, just ate too much.

But! It's a new day!! :flowerforyou:
  • mholmes
    mholmes Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to add... When I said I used to eat bad, I'm talking about bad! Breakfast (if I ate breakfast) was BoJangles bacon egg & cheese biscuit with seasoned fries and a coke. Lunch was usually Arby's roast beef sand. and curly fries with (again) soda.... or Wendy's - alway fast food. And Dinner was marinated chicken cooked in a pan with oil, black eyed peas cooked with bacon, and white rice with lots of butter or rice a roni - about 3 servings worth of that since it's so yummy. Now I have a SF Carnation instant breakfast, a smart one's for lunch, maybe a snack or two and have mostly eliminated the bacon and butter in my dinner meals as well as cutting my sodium intake by almost 80%. Yes, I'm a bad girl on the week-ends but I think I'm doing a lot better. :drinker:
  • maggierex
    maggierex Posts: 59
    Options
    i did well over the weekend except for the wedding i went to on saturday! :sad: for dinner i had a small piece of chicken francais with a light lemon sauce, i took like 5 pieces of bowtie pasta - just to get a taste, 6 or 7 pieces of the potatoes w/butter and garlic, and a nice sized portion of green beans almondine. not too bad, right? then i hit the cookie table and had probably 6 little cookies.. :sick: and when cake came around, i had a small piece of that, too!!! oh and then there was a bar.. i had 4 captain morgans and ginger ale. overall, it was better than what the old me would have had, i had about half the amount of food i normally eat, skipped the roll, spaghetti sauce, sausage and peppers, and didn't eat more than my very small plate of cookies, though it was tempting! :happy: the rest of the weekend i kept myself on track to make up for it, too.
  • cavanar2
    cavanar2 Posts: 46
    Options
    Not so good this weekend either! :grumble:
  • meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Options
    I did good on Friday and Sunday, but Saturday was rough. I went to the symphony with my boyfriend and then his boss took us to dinner at a nice Italian place. I love italian food and its so hard to keep low calories there. But I didn't do too bad. I had ricotta stuffed spinach ravioli (ok not great) with veggies all in a light wine sauce, NO BREAD!, but the table split 2 desserts. No flour double chocolate cake and chocolate chip/rum raisin bread pudding. Totally worth it. But its normally alcohol that gets me on the weekend so to offset my dinner I didn't drink after that. All in all I'm not disappointed.
  • AlliOops
    AlliOops Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Its the darn ALCOHOL!!!

4 - 5 drinks a night on the weekends. Does me in every time.
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    My sabotages this weekend - beer and a chicken breast sandwich with cheese and bacon on it with a side of fries! ARG!

I, too, had a wedding this weekend but the food was not 'amble' -they actually ran out! and dessert was berries and cream - so I went heavy on berries and very very light on the cream. I didn't drink that much and I danced - so all in all probably not that bad....

Sunday tho! ACK! that was the chicken sandwich and ff's for lunch with Grandma. She loves to eat at this one seafood restaurant that has almost nothing healthy to eat if you don't eat fish (which I don't)

I feel bloated today but resign to drink a ton of water and wash those evil nasty toxins out of my body!!

Here is to a wonderful week everyone! :drinker:

Get Healthy!!
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea!!! I ALWAYS screw up on the weekends...although this weekend I did a little better. I totally fell off the wagon on Saturday by eating at Larosa's but when I came home I burned 500 of the 900 extra calories off..so I felt a little better about it. lol

Why are weekends the hardest?:sad:
  • blondeheat
    blondeheat Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Thanks to exercise (6 hrs of biking), hungry girl drink recipes, hording calories for drinks etc, I stayed within budget! Alot of it was thinking of others that took my weekend challenge, Thanks to all of you!!!
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Gotta have a cheat day just don't make it a cheat 3 day weekend. I always have one day where I eat stuff I normally would not. This weekend Saturday I had my kids bday party so I cheated that day, It could ruin your weight loss if it is 3 days of cheating.

Alisha
  • pmd14
    pmd14 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I feel if it wasn't for vacations and weekends I'd be 100 pounds :laugh:

I haven't been on this site in over a week. Went away the weekend before. tried to be "good" but with drinks and eating out not good. Did walk a lot. The weekend was hot so at the beach again beer, bbq, snacks, etc. It took me almost 3 months to lose 9 pounds and a little over 1 week to gain 5 pounds.

NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    No more free days for me for a long time. I just cant handle them tend to binge for the next couple of days. Maybe down the road but right now just dont have the will power. :sad:
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    Options
    On Friday, I went over my calories a bit... It was the Corona Light! Saturday and Sunday I was just under calories. Overall... not too bad!
  • kwill23
    kwill23 Posts: 122
    Options
    I went way over on saturday, i did better on sunday.