Working out while sick?

Options
Just curious about everyone else's opinion on this. I personally still hit the weights if I can go to work and not feel exhausted. Like right now I have a sore throat, stuffy nose, and slight headache. Hopefully by tomorrow I'll feel at least a little better, plus I always feel better while at yhe gym. The pump always feels good to me.

Replies

• astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    Spreading sickness isnt cool. Beyond that, I've always had crappy lifts sick and I felt like it dragged out my illness.
  • Voserichard
    Options
    Spreading sickness isnt cool. Beyond that, I've always had crappy lifts sick and I felt like it dragged out my illness.

I'm gonna sit it out if I have a fever tomorrow.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I still go to the gym if I have a cold as I find that "sweating it out" often helps (my work outs consist of both strength and cardio). The only time I would not work out with a cold is if I am feverish or have a possible chest infection.

Working in Central London and using public transport means that you catch every cold doing the rounds. If I stayed at home with every cold, I would imagine my employer would not be impressed.
  • Churchjc
    Churchjc Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    The rule of thumb my son uses (who is a fairly high level athlete): If the illness is concentrated above the neck I.e. head cold, sore throat, etc., it's ok to work out as normal. Below the neck, such as chest, stomach, etc. wait until you feel better. As always use caution when working out with a fever.