What's up with my measurements?

Options
Since starting MFP, I have lost a liitle over an inch in my waist which: yay! However, I have lost nothing on my hips. I have a pear shaped body type, with full hips and thick, muscular thighs, so I don't expect to change that (and can't, its what nature gave me). But nothing? What gives? I am POSITIVE that I'm measuring right too. Even had a friend do it to double check. She fits bridal gowns, so she would know. Is it possible I just had the most extra fat around my waist, so that's what's coming off, or is it common for some areas of the body to lag behind and catch up later?

Replies

• MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    In the case of weight loss, the last pound on does not mean it is the first pound off. There is no controlling where the weight will come off. Could come off one leg and not the other. Most women complain that the "girls" are the first to go and the bootie the last. Keep working it and it will eventually even out.
  • obifatkanobi
    Options
    I don't think fat ever cooperates in any way. It seems to come off different areas at different rates, and I've even seen on myself that at times it doesn't even come off the same area evenly, for example, my stomach was actually lopsided for a while... It will come off, just give it time.
  • jessudd
    jessudd Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I have struggled with my lower body throughout my weight loss. When I first started and lost 60 pounds, very little of it came from my hips (I'm very much a pear as well), and I really felt like there was nothing I could do about it. I recently started running (for the first time in my LIFE) and in just a few weeks have seen more change in my hips and thighs than I ever saw in years of dieting and using the elliptical and bikes at the gym. If you're not up for running or are already doing it, I'd have to say just stick with the diet and be ready to be realllllly patient. Best of luck to you! :smile: