Triathlon results - with pics

Options
atynk
atynk Posts: 400 Member
So for all MFP friends that have helped me with this journey and anyone interested here are some pics from my tri a tri

It was a 300 meter swim, 15km bike and 3 km run .
This was my first open water swim, and it went very well, I was one of the fastest and first woman out of the water. I didn't get kicked at all lol... my bike was good ride, but the run I struggled again with :( My whole side cramped up again, which was disapointing since I have worked so hard to get used to running.

Anyway other than the run I am very happy with my results
I took 2nd place in the womens, 1st place in my age group and 20th overall out of 67. Not too bad for a girl who could not even imagine running last year 45lbs heavier lol

ME COMING OUT FROM THE RUN... ALWAYS SMILING LOL
2ndTriatri012.jpg

JUST TOOK A DRINK OF WATER... NOT THE BEST PIC
2ndTriatri014.jpg

COOLING OFF AFTER THE RACE
2ndTriatri020.jpg

ME AND ONE OF MY FRIENDS. EXCITED TO SEE I GOT 2ND
2ndTriatri021.jpg

AFTER PICKING UP MY 1ST PLACE AGE GROUP AWARD... SO HAPPY!
2ndTriatri029.jpg

Feel free to message me if you are thinking about doing this! its a great feeling, and so many different types of people try it!

Replies

• atynk
    Options
    OK SO NOT SURE WHY PICS AREN'T WORKING... THEY ALWAYS DO... WILL TRY AGAIN LATER SORRY
  • Nina74
    Nina74 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Can't see the pictures, but truly inspiring and totally awesome!!!!

Congrats!!!! You must feel amazing (although tired).
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    You're amazing!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Wish i could see the pics.:ohwell: Congrats on your accomplishments!!!!! That's amazing!:flowerforyou:
  • lauz45
    lauz45 Posts: 243
    Options
    Shame we can't see the pics, did you move them into a different folder on photobucket or anything?

Well done, that's amazing, i'd love to do that one day :)
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. I am training for a marathon this summer but plan to try a tirathalon next summer. I am very confident about the running...it is the swim that I need to work on...already lined up a coach though.

Congrats!!!
  • atynk
    Options
    ok i got it working again.. i will repost
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!