Plexus Slim??

Options
I keep seeing all these ads for Plexus Slim...just wondering if anyone know anything about it?

Replies

• quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Ads are based on your own computer searches. For example, right now I see ads for cabela's hunting and verizon wireless phones because I've recently searched for those items using my computer.

Sometimes, I see ads for mcdonalds because I'm looking up mcdonald's nutritional information.

Hope that helps.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    When I see
    These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drugs Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any diseases.

on a web site my BS detector goes on high alert.

There are no short cuts or magic bullets (at least not either legal or available without a prescription). Save your money and stick to the basics.........eat better and at a modest caloric deficit and exercise regularly.
  • cfrawley5
    cfrawley5 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Food supplements are not regulated by the FDA...Plexus Slim is considered a food supplement. It's a great product. I started taking it to try to help me get through a plateau. Loved it so much I signed up as an ambassador to get the discount. It helps control your appetite, decrease cravings, balance your blood sugar, etc. I'm a registered nurse and a coordinator of a weight loss surgery program. I would never take or recommend a product that I didn't believe was safe and effective. It's absolutely not a magic solution...there is no such thing. You must reduce your calories and increase your activity to lose weight. But it's a tool that can and does help make that process a little easier!
  • sawiemken
    sawiemken Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Food supplements are not regulated by the FDA...Plexus Slim is considered a food supplement. It's a great product. I started taking it to try to help me get through a plateau. Loved it so much I signed up as an ambassador to get the discount. It helps control your appetite, decrease cravings, balance your blood sugar, etc. I'm a registered nurse and a coordinator of a weight loss surgery program. I would never take or recommend a product that I didn't believe was safe and effective. It's absolutely not a magic solution...there is no such thing. You must reduce your calories and increase your activity to lose weight. But it's a tool that can and does help make that process a little easier!

I've taken it before and it does work to HELP but I couldn't keep my funds going to that so I had to go back to doing it the harder way. :sad:
  • Brett_Mason
    Brett_Mason Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It has changed my life. Nothing has helped me lose weight until this. My knees are thankful!
  • timothyshaney
    timothyshaney Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I, my wife and daughter have lost about 117 Lbs total since making the commitment to use Plexus Slim. I have went from a 48 size pant to 42. More energy, less cravings and great for losing inches around your waist. I am also no longer having to take my high blood pressure meds.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Pills don't really do anything. You can take all the pills you want, but if you aren't in a calorie deficit, you are screwed. Also, all the good reviews will come from first time posters probably.. many just signed up today. If you want to be fit, train hard (weight training and some cardio) and eat hard (a moderate deficit) and give it time.

With only 20 lbs to lose, you should be aiming for 1/2 - 1 lb per week. I also suggest adjusting your macro's to around 35% carbs, 40% protein and 25% fats. Protein can help with muscle retention (helps you get lean). Protein and fats also help with satiety. Weight training will be very beneficial too.
  • nchappynurse
    Options
    That's awesome! Congratulations on your weight loss!