New to the site.

Options
I know I have along journey ahead of me. Any advise, comments or weight loss buddies :-) I sure can use it!!!

Looking forward to getting healthy and meeting everyone out there.

Bel

Replies

• SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Add me as a buddy!:smile:
  • YessySo1987
    Options
    I'm also new to the site and still somewhat confused on calorie intake and how much I need to eat a day. I know it is 1,200/day which I get to my daily intake or go over, then when I exercise of course it goes below it. I hope this is not making me not loose weight =/ I'll weigh in tomorrow....... If anyone can explain this and tell me if I'm doing this wrong? =/
  • psarah
    psarah Posts: 84
    Options
    Add me a s a buddy we are all in this together 1 pound at a time...:smooched:
  • raymj61
    raymj61 Posts: 142
    Options
    Good luck Bel. There's a lot of good info on this site. Be patient, and keep grinding, it'll pay off. If you over eat one day, over eat in moderation :ohwell: don't just tell yourself that you blew it so you may as well over eat all day and start again tomorrow. Remember calories in vs calories burned are cumilative so, the pounds will come off, going a little over won't hurt much if you recover, whereas losing focus and bingeing may. If you're going to be exercising, and you get bored with your routine change it, or if it becomes too much, lower the duration or intensity but don't quit moving.
  • Chrissun
    Chrissun Posts: 148
    Options
    Hi, friends make a huge difference. You can add me :smile:
    Keep up with your food and exercise journals, drink your water and keep in touch. I've found it's helpful to browse some of the topics here when I'm craving something...so much encouragement and inspiration.
  • gypsy_nurse
    gypsy_nurse Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am fairly new here too so feel free to add me! Good luck in reaching your goals!

Kate
  • simmysu
    simmysu Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I am new to this site, have also joined the biggest loser club.....am a bit confused tho! The biggest loser recommends 1500 calorie intake/day, this site recommends nearly 4000 calories/day????? :)
    Sim
  • Nevadagrrl
    Options
    I'm new to this site also...Hi All!!

I have a big journey ahead of me. Started exercising and dieting in April of this year. Have lost over 20 pounds so far but really needed to work on my food portions and get serious about my diet and I heard about this site today and thought I would come and check it out.

Good luck to all of you!