Body Revolution, too easy?

Options
Elicur
Elicur Posts: 78 Member
Maybe I'm jumping the gun here, but after completing my first day of Jillian Michaels body revolution, it's as if I didn't have a workout at all.
Among her other workouts I've completed is the 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30 within the last 4 months so perhaps it's just because of the start to the program..
Anyone have the same conclusion..?

Replies

• SJackson50
    SJackson50 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Try using heavier weights. This is my third round of JMBR, and I've increased the weights each round...and each round is more difficult. And lol, you will change your tune when you get to w/o 5 & 6 ;-)
    Keep with it, it will be worth it.
    Good luck with your goals.
  • jadermary
    jadermary Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I was pretty out of shape the first time I started so it didn't feel easy to me. If you feel like you aren't getting a good workout from it skip to week 3and4 or even jump to phase 2. It gets harder trust me lol! Good luck
  • jadermary
    jadermary Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah like the previous poster said you can always use heavier weights...good idea!
  • schmeckpeper
    schmeckpeper Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I started Body Revolution right after the 30 day shred. I found workouts 1 & 2 way too easy so I only did them once and then moved on to 3 & 4. I didn't want to loose all the gains I made with the shred by doing an easy workout for 2 weeks.
  • kayaksara
    kayaksara Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Yes, I find week 1 and 2 easy and a little boring. I will start weeks 3 and 4 soon. But I figure enjoy it while I can because I know it will get harder.
  • Elicur
    Elicur Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
    Today ended up being a slow day at home, so I completed more free style weight training. Am hoping for a walk after baking some pies, so that should balance it all out :)
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I started this video this week. The first time I did day 1 it was easy, but Jillian incourages everyone to go as heavy as possible. So you can make it as hard as you want.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    30D shred was too easy for me.. I do HIIT training and life heavy though, so maybe that's why??? Maybe if I got weights and used them it would be harder, but I'd rather just do Insanity. LOL (which I do)

It all depends on you, your fitnes level and your body.
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    30D shred was too easy for me.. I do HIIT training and life heavy though, so maybe that's why??? Maybe if I got weights and used them it would be harder, but I'd rather just do Insanity. LOL (which I do)

It all depends on you, your fitnes level and your body.

You didn't do 30 day shred with weights? I do HIIT and lift heavy as well. You can make any exercise to your level.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Most likely. And if you have to ask, you already know the answer
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

I dunno...I recently read on MFP that your aren't supposed to push yourself while exercising. Maybe it's always supposed to be this easy.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

I dunno...I recently read on MFP that your aren't supposed to push yourself while exercising. Maybe it's always supposed to be this easy.

all i know is that if i hear you are having your kids do Body Revolution or 30DS I'm call Child Services