My victory in progress

Options
Rynnage89
Rynnage89 Posts: 7 Member
Let me start by saying that in no way am I a real success.....yet. I have struggled with my weight for a very long time and only recently taken steps to counteract the years of **** I have put my body through. After having a very rough childhood living with an alcoholic dad, my only real outlets were food and music. I went to uni, ate stupidly and ultimately paid the price. By the end of my four year degree, I don't know what I weighed, all I know is that it wasn't right.

So here I am, almost two years down the line from my graduation. I began super slowly, not even consciously losing weight. Mainly because I was living back at home with my mother, eating family meals and not gorging myself inbetween. I guess I lost a bit. Then, just over 100 days ago I discovered MFP, and my world absolutely changed. I got on the scale and was 203lb, but I think it's safe to say that I was a lot heavier than that at my graduation. 110 days down and I've lost 24lb overall, 3 dress sizes, and I've taken 5 points off my BMI, a few more pounds and I won't be obese anymore, just overweight. Halfway there now, just halfway to go.

I would never have done this without MFP, these boards, posts, words of encouragement, you all saved me.

Here are my photos and stats, I would be interested in knowing what you think, especially on my latest photo as I cant seem to see a change between the quarterway and halfway photos.

SW: No freaking clue
SW [mfp]: 203lb
CW: 179lb
GW: 154lb [maybe 140 depending on how I look and feel]
Height: 5ft3

7e7ad630-f11e-4054-b436-7bb205feeaf2.jpg

Graduation July 2011 - 27th April 2013

064abc81-3fd8-420c-b475-2698d25d3671.jpg

Mexico June 2010 - May 2013

0954404d-c76b-4d9e-8a8a-e76d440c65de.jpg

Graduation Ball July 2011 - 9th April 2013 - 4th June 2013

Without you guys, I would never be halfway. Thank you.

Replies

• bethmakesmusic
    bethmakesmusic Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You look fantastic and your pics inspired me!
  • Rynnage89
    Options
    I'm glad I inspired you, other peoples pics have inspired me to kick myself into shape and it's amazing that other people feel like that about my photos. I'm not quite finished yet, but I'm proud of what's been done so far!!! xxxxx
  • nashbear
    nashbear Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding? there is a big difference in the Quarter and half way pictures. The belt is a few inches lower in the last picture, I can only assume that is because you lost a few inches in the hip area. Your arms are smaller. You are doing fabulously. Good job!
  • InspiredSAM
    InspiredSAM Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    You look great!

And I love that you are using the same dresses to really see the changes!
  • TheBeerRunner
    TheBeerRunner Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    Losing 20+ lbs is a great accomplishment no matter your goals. Just because you're not at your GW yet does not mean you're not a success.
  • KristenElizabeth7
    KristenElizabeth7 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Ummmmm... I think it's time for a new dress!!!!! Great job :o)
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Looking great! You ARE a success!!
  • Rynnage89
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind words. You're right, I think I do need a new dress. Might have to go shopping soon for a whole new wardrobe!!!
  • Rynnage89
    Options
    I took your advice and bought a new dress....4 sizes SMALLER than the last one!!!!

DSC_0301.jpg
  • k900
    k900 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Good job !
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I took your advice and bought a new dress....4 sizes SMALLER than the last one!!!!

DSC_0301.jpg

Gawgeous!
  • londonboyben
    londonboyben Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    stunning change and achievement
    well done you :)
  • FlyAway111
    Options
    Aww!!!!!! You Look Beautiful!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!! I Hope I Can Lose Weight Just Like You :)
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Love the new green dress!!
  • H0llyG0lightly
    H0llyG0lightly Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Well done! That dress looks great on you. Keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!