Being Called fat hurts

Options
124»

Replies

• TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    At least if you lose it, it won't happen anymore. Sad but true.

Totally disagree.

If someone's goal is to hurt you, it doesn't matter what you look like, they'll say hurtful things. Doesn't matter if it's true or not. Hell, I remember an interview with the Olson twins, where they said, "In the tabloids, one of us is called the skinny one, and the other the fat one. We don't know which is which." :laugh:

That or they'll pick a different feature or create new crap to tease/ridicule you about.

They're not worth the effort.
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    At least if you lose it, it won't happen anymore. Sad but true. People may even hold doors for you and find you attractive

The person (and others) who said this mean thing to her will only pick on something ELSE once she loses the weight......so yeah....
  • SCHURMIE
    SCHURMIE Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Because they can and they have no other way to make themselves look good in other people eyes because they ARE NOT PRETTY INSIDE!!! I'd rather be you than her!!
  • rachelglendening
    rachelglendening Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    hi hun, it says more about her than it does about you,some people think it's okay to make nasty remarks when your overweight, rise above it, i've had people say all kinds of negative comments but it gave me the kick up the bum to lose weight, every time i want to give up i replay the negatives in my head and it makes me more determined to suceed,good luck with your journey :):flowerforyou:
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    It's a shame her mommy didn't raise her to be a nicer person. Find better friends. Stick out your tongue if it makes you feel better.:tongue:
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry.

She's not mean to fat people. She's just mean. She just knows that calling you fat will hurt because you shared that you were trying to lose weight.

You're doing that right thing. Don't spend time with mean people. Life is too short.

Damn straight. She's just an *kitten*.
  • Kaedemoon267
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear about that. I get asked if I am pregnant all the time. I am 4 foot 11 and my highest weight was 150 pounds. I am down to about 140 and working my way down to 115 again. It can be tough to deal with people, but remember: their attitudes are a direct reflection on THEM, not you. :)
  • BoomstickChick
    BoomstickChick Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    It does suck when people are rude like that, but I can't get mad if someone calls me fat. I am fat. She'd find something else to be a ***** about if it wasn't your weight. People suck.
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I was called fat by a few punks in a car as I was riding my bike. I had to laugh at the irony... three healthy teenage kids driving around in a car while I hauled my *kitten* on my bike. In the end you're the winner because you won't be fat forever, but they will always be *kitten* with cruel hearts.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I'd fire back. She won't stop until you start firing back. It's not stooping to her level or anything like that. It's called defending yourself. Show her you have a backbone and she'll leave you alone.

Or she'll escalate, but I agree about defending yourself, verbally. Use your nasty acquaintance as a scratching post to strengthen your claws.

P.S. this has nothing to do with whether you are fat or not. Don't go there in your mind. She made inappropriate personal comments, and that warrants a response. It's about her, not you.
  • operation_cute
    operation_cute Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry.

She's not mean to fat people. She's just mean. She just knows that calling you fat will hurt because you shared that you were trying to lose weight.

You're doing that right thing. Don't spend time with mean people. Life is too short.

^ ^ This :flowerforyou:
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    You can lose weight. She will be a petty b!tch forever.
    [/quote
    THIS^]
  • AbsoluteNG
    AbsoluteNG Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    Skinny people are treated much nicer than Fat people because we live in a judgemental world. You're going to be judged on all aspects of your life from your grades in school, choosen career, how much money you make, how large your wedding is, and etc etc etc. The list doesn't end. I believe there is a saying that says, "You know that you're doing something right when you have haters ".
  • Sia_33
    Sia_33 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    U should just ignore the vomment and make it positive by working hard to achieve what you want. Why are we in mfp in the first place? To lose weight and to ptove to ourselves that we are much more stronger than we think we are. Ignore what she or anybody else says.why give her the time of day. You are much better than her. So stay strong and think positive.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I suggest the technique of hiding a barb inside a compliment, ONLY to be used on people who have been openly, deliberately cruel. Never do it to an innocent person just because you can, or out of your own insecurity. Identify your opponent's obvious flaw and then compliment her on how well she hides it. For example: "that's a lovely dress on you. It hides your thighs," or "your big manly hands make your wrists look SO tiny." It's best if you do it in front of someone else that she has been rotten to, not in front of people who don't know what she's really like.

Or just tell it like it is "you look okay on the outside - it's a shame that what's on the inside doesn't match."
  • bearsfan67
    bearsfan67 Posts: 57
    Options
    First 2lbs. is great......every little bit is one step closer to your goal. She is just mean and I am sorry you had to go through that!!! You can do it and you are doing it.
  • PosterGuy1
    PosterGuy1 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I have only lost 2 pounds. I see that as a accomplishment. I shared that over lunch. Then I get an email from a girl I was fighting with. It hurt bad she called me fat and laughed in my face. Then she told m e in front of my crush that I needed to go to the gym. Why are people so mean to fat people?

Take the email to your boss and get the **** fired. LOL.
  • santje00
    santje00 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have only lost 2 pounds. I see that as a accomplishment. I shared that over lunch. Then I get an email from a girl I was fighting with. It hurt bad she called me fat and laughed in my face. Then she told m e in front of my crush that I needed to go to the gym. Why are people so mean to fat people?

I know how you feel. But know you are strong and you are so much better than her. People like that are deeply unhappy themselves and therefore try and crush others. You are taking your life in your own hands, and you should be proud of that. Btw, gz on your 2 pounds well done!
  • FearTheLord
    Options
    Sorry to hear you were called names, i was called names by my family when i was younger. Like my uncle said "whats that watermelon in your stomach?"

but here is a verse from the bible to help you i hope =)

But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause[a] shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, ‘Raca!’ shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, ‘You fool!’ shall be in danger of hell fire. Matthew 5:22