14lbs down less than a month

Options
Hi all,

I started MFP about 1 month ago and I'm down 14lbs. My start weight was 230lbs and I am now 216lb. My concern is that it's coming off pretty fast. I eat 1470cals a day and eat them all. I also do a lot exercise because I have a 7 month old son who likes to be out a lot! I mostly do walking.

I guess I am just wondering will I lose the same amount next month or will it start to slow down a bit?

I ate a lot before I decided to diet and since joining here I count every cal and never go over. I don't eat my exercise cals because I'm usually full anyway!

Thanks for imput

Replies

• herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Eat your exercise calories back if you're using the MFP set up calorie goal. It's expected that you will so you can actually net your 1470.
  • emmalousmom1
    emmalousmom1 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    it will probably slow down next month, but what you are doing is working:) don't change something that isn't broke, remember, though if you are hungry or need an extra snack, we are able to eat our exercise calories back. Keep up the great work:)
    Louise
    Edit, I just looked at your food diary, now where is your protein, fruits and veggies, you are losing, but you need to get more protein:)
  • adairbrum
    adairbrum Posts: 68
    Options
    Your loss will probably be the same 1or2 more times but it will change to a bit less as you get closer to your goal
    But don't give up things go up and down keep it slow and steady
  • Sia_33
    Sia_33 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Wow u are doing great. I started my diet 4 weeks ago.first week i lost 8 ibs and the other 3 zero. So tell me please what else r u doing or eating to have lost this much weight in just 4 weeks.
  • Loveyoustar
    Loveyoustar Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    It might be because I'm heavier than u. My food diary is open! I don't eat the healthiest I know but have a young baby and i'm always running around!
  • pixzichix
    pixzichix Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've always thought your first month is mostly losing water, as long as you exercise well and eat your calorie intake your do fine.
  • FussyFruitbat
    FussyFruitbat Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    You'll slow down next month. 10lbs a month is a generous goal.
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about what you may or may not loose!! Just keep up the great work!! Being heavier, you will be burning more calories during your walks, but eventually you will have to change it up to jogging or higher cardio workouts (like 30 Day Shred). Good luck!!
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I started MFP about 1 month ago and I'm down 14lbs. My start weight was 230lbs and I am now 216lb. My concern is that it's coming off pretty fast. I eat 1470cals a day and eat them all. I also do a lot exercise because I have a 7 month old son who likes to be out a lot! I mostly do walking.

I guess I am just wondering will I lose the same amount next month or will it start to slow down a bit?

I ate a lot before I decided to diet and since joining here I count every cal and never go over. I don't eat my exercise cals because I'm usually full anyway!

Thanks for imput

Congratulations on your success. I also suggest that you review the macros listed in your diary. I know that "enchiladas" and a "beef roast" have a lot of protein, but your entries show “0.”

Do not trust all the values listed in the MFP database because they are often wrong. Look at the package and if needed, enter the new values yourself in the database. You may be eating more or less calories, protein, sodium or carbs that you think.

As suggested by other members, up your vegetables and fruit. This is a long term healthy plan, not a quick fix. I don’t have any comments about eating, or not, you exercise calories because we all do things differently. Good luck.
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 14 pounds!!! Chances are you will slow down or even plateau for a while before losing starts again. Hopefully you will keep losing though! Great job!!!