NSVs: 5K and playing with my kids (pictures)

Options
Julie_Donahue
Julie_Donahue Posts: 394 Member
Less than 6 months ago, I weighed over 300 pounds; I couldn't run for a minute without feeling like I was going to die; and I rarely played with my kids because I was too tired or too big to fit in the equipment.

Today, I ran my first 5K on pavement and with wind resistance to practice for my first 5K race in 4 weeks. I completed it in just under 55 minutes. Then I took my kids to a local business that has those big blow up toys (like bounce houses) and PLAYED with my kids!! I climbed through the obstacle course, went down the slides, and went back for more.

THIS is why I am changing my life! So I can enjoy it and enjoy my kids!

The pictures below may not be the most flattering, but to me they are symbol of the changes I'm making!

After completing the run!
image.jpeg

Climbing the wall:
1459_10151667299995781_337692926_n.jpg

Going down the slide:
947052_10151667304910781_1314671506_n.jpg

Happy smiles with the kids! Worth it all!
976131_10151667306390781_842273240_o.jpg

Replies

• tadnor
    tadnor Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You look so much happier, great job.
  • dreamweavers4
    Options
    aww, you look like you and the kids had so much fun! Congrats! You are doing great!
  • haymancm
    haymancm Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    How Awesome!!! Your kids looked like they had so much fun! I'll be signing up to run my 1st 5k @ the end of July, too! Has the c25k helped you a lot w/ preparing for it? Did you wear your HRM during the play time?
  • cmcollett
    cmcollett Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Awesome job. So worth it!!!
  • Julie_Donahue
    Julie_Donahue Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    How Awesome!!! Your kids looked like they had so much fun! I'll be signing up to run my 1st 5k @ the end of July, too! Has the c25k helped you a lot w/ preparing for it? Did you wear your HRM during the play time?

I don't have an HRM, but I had on my Body Media.
  • Lissa_muzrall
    Options
    Congrats! Great inspiration!!
  • DaisyDi65
    DaisyDi65 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Great job Julie! Our kids are everything, glad you got to enjoy, you look like you are having a blast!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!