CARB CYCLING BY CHRIS POWELL

Options
Jus wondering if anyone has read Chris Powell carb cycling book ? "choose to lose" , any results ? .
I'm interested in carb cycling ..

Replies

• bdoug1234
    bdoug1234 Posts: 28
    Options
    Have read about carb cycling.... do it some when training hard.. i.e. legs day more carbs... off day less carbs... total weekly carbs should be the same..

I think the idea is to keep your body guessing and not fall into a rut of same nutrition and carbs all the time...

Probably a good idea if you are going low weekly carb intake and feeling the side effects..
  • smor27
    smor27 Posts: 87
    Options
    I read and started this week. His thought process is to eat /gear something that will work for you. I have chosen to Alternate a high card then a low carb. He gives you a list of food suggestions and a few options to eat on each type of days. I still have a lot to learn about the low carb days as I have noticed that a few items have been higher in carbs. not thinking. But I have still had a lower amount than what I have had originally. It is still early yet, but I have noticed that I have lost about a pound a day, which may just be water. Be prepared you may get a major headache on the low carb days. I did on my first low carb day, however the second low carb wasn't as bad.
    Suggestions: Make sure that you drink plenty of water, and stick with it.
  • fmbomzo
    fmbomzo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    smor27, I like that advice. I just started yesterday. I just have to get in some fruits on the high carb days to help process the protein. I've been able to lose weight on reduced carb plans before, but I usually stop because I have a hard time with the increased protein, but I'll pay close attention this time and hopefully keep things moving :laugh: !
  • davewillits
    Options
    I started his bod-e program 2 weeks ago and lost 15 lbs, 4 inches off my waist, 1 inch off hips and 1 inch off thighs. I LIKE the results so far. Definitely drink lots of water on low carb days to minimize headaches!
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Too complicated for me. However, on days that I eat way too many carbs I justify it to myself by saying I'm carb loading for lifting. Really it's just that I love eating cookies :-/
  • kazsjourney
    kazsjourney Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I did calorie cycling for a long time so think I inadvertently did carb cycling :) I have ordered the book tho...want toread it out of interest :p
  • JamieM8168
    JamieM8168 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I haven't read it but I do carb cycling sometimes. It works good for plateaus
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I've never read this particular book, but I have done carb/calorie cycling the way it is described by Tom Venuto in his book Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle. I thought that it worked rather well when I was doing intense training and have been considering adding that technique back to my regimen this summer since I am nearly at my goal body fat. As someone else pointed out, it is a great way to break a plateau.
  • JessieNeutronGirlGenius
    Options
    What IS carb cycling...? Sorry to sound like a complete dweeb... -__-
  • taintedbutterfly18
    taintedbutterfly18 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I just got his book today. Was hoping to have more numbers as to how many carbs there are for high/low days. I don't want to overdo or undereat. Is this in the book, didn't seem so after i skimmed through it for now.