Bob Harper's Jumpstart to Skinny. Any experience?

2»

Replies

• Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    I am really excited!!! I am buying the Nook book tonight! I need this kick to help me get under 200 pounds!!! I have 32 to go.
  • JacquiMarie70
    JacquiMarie70 Posts: 62 Member
    I would suggest you get a book instead of getting it on your nook! Theres a ton of flipping in between pages from the weeks the recipes the rules and the workouts! I have a kindle and i returned it and got the book.... :)
  • JacquiMarie70
    Is anyone having a hard time finishing the amounts of some dinners? Full before finished before anything?? I feel like im not even hungry for snacks!
  • mariarose88
    mariarose88 Posts: 37
    I know what you mean! hunger definitely hasn't been a problem and because it's so much veg I had trouble getting the jumbo stir fry down especially. I got hit in the face by a major craving for waffles yesterday though lol. I have a feeling that 3 weeks of this is actually going to work well to reset my taste buds to healthier things & kill off some of my unhealthier cravings. I lost about 2 1/2 lbs in the first few days, but the scale hasn't budged now for 2 days...I'm thinking I'm not drinking enough water so that's my main focus now. To give you a good idea of where I'm starting, I'm about 10 lbs off from a healthy weight for my height so I'm not expecting to lose the full 20 lbs, but I'm hoping I can at least get that 10 lbs off to be in the healthy weight range again. BTW the watermelon salmon salad is amazzzzzzzzzing. How much weight have you all lost? Did it come off steadily or all at once randomly?
  • JacquiMarie70
    Well the first couple days I lost 3 pounds and then 5, now i'm at 6 pounds!! So I believe its working! I do however drink a ton of water. Im going hiking up at the white mountains tomorrow and I have to wake up at 330am to pick up a friend at 4. The hike is a 3800 footer and about 7 hours long, so on this diet I honestly have no idea what to bring. Typically i would bring nuts, granola, an apple for the way up and down and a peanut butter and banana sandwich to eat eat at the top of the summit. What should I bring...anyone have ideas? Weigh in is sunday so we shall see!! I have not done most of the exercises which I regret this week, but I have also not felt well all week im fighting a bug. So tomorrow my exercise starts in full bloom 7 days a week no break for the rest of this program. His routines and mine as well.
  • JacquiMarie70
    Im probably losing this fast because I have not jumpstarted my diet yet and this is my beginning.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Im probably losing this fast because I have not jumpstarted my diet yet and this is my beginning.

tell me more about jumpstarting. This intrigues me.
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    rolling my eyes...another STUPID diet ...when will we learn.....
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Well the first couple days I lost 3 pounds and then 5, now i'm at 6 pounds!! So I believe its working! I do however drink a ton of water. Im going hiking up at the white mountains tomorrow and I have to wake up at 330am to pick up a friend at 4. The hike is a 3800 footer and about 7 hours long, so on this diet I honestly have no idea what to bring. Typically i would bring nuts, granola, an apple for the way up and down and a peanut butter and banana sandwich to eat eat at the top of the summit. What should I bring...anyone have ideas? Weigh in is sunday so we shall see!! I have not done most of the exercises which I regret this week, but I have also not felt well all week im fighting a bug. So tomorrow my exercise starts in full bloom 7 days a week no break for the rest of this program. His routines and mine as well.

You need to bring the same thing you would normally bring on a hike like that. That kind of a hike takes more calories to fuel. Passing out up there wouldn't be a good time.
  • JacquiMarie70
    I did! And feel great, just got back, 8 hour hike and loved every minute :)
  • JacquiMarie70
    Jumpstart is just like a quick start to get the fuel going. It could be anything really. Just moving more, parking further away every time you go anywhere, carry your groceries, doing something different every week to constantly shock your system (in a good way) so that it will respond and lose. Run one day, hike one day, do a cross fit routine one day, just something different. Same with food.

I only did this because, ive been at a plateau and tried a lot and for some reason my body just wasnt budging. It got frustrating and this is actually working for me. Its not a diet its a jumpstart to get you going again. Diets are silly and I dont agree with all those things out there. Its what works best for you. Organic whole foods works for me.
  • buildingdreams
    buildingdreams Posts: 173 Member
    is there any part of the book that talks vegetarian.. I dont eat meat but I eat eggs, and I only eat egg whitea!!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Jumpstart is just like a quick start to get the fuel going. It could be anything really. Just moving more, parking further away every time you go anywhere, carry your groceries, doing something different every week to constantly shock your system (in a good way) so that it will respond and lose. Run one day, hike one day, do a cross fit routine one day, just something different. Same with food.

I only did this because, ive been at a plateau and tried a lot and for some reason my body just wasnt budging. It got frustrating and this is actually working for me. Its not a diet its a jumpstart to get you going again. Diets are silly and I dont agree with all those things out there. Its what works best for you. Organic whole foods works for me.
    Just to clarify, I was being snarky. I kinda have a grip on how losing weight works. I'm sorry you think you can magically jumpstart it.
  • JacquiMarie70
    So do I....just wanted a quick boost thanks ;)
  • Does anyone have a spreadsheet of the meals and shopping list? I find it so hard to coordinate this the way he has done it in the book. Help please anyone!!!! You can email me at georgia121@hotmail.com
  • nicolie81587
    nicolie81587 Posts: 75 Member
    I have never heard of it. What exactly is it? I'm also a vegetarian... can it be vegetarian friendly?
  • CLA2801
    CLA2801 Posts: 50 Member
    google is your friend!