In Need of a Healthy French Toast Recipe

Options
2»

Replies

• Pinkybarbell
    Options
    I have even been known to add a scoop of vanilla whey to up the protein for my day.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    That recipe sound great!!

I just just scramble some eggs, no milk, and fry multigrain bread in it without butter, and yes, lots of cinnamon. It's the bread that kills it really.
  • operation_cute
    operation_cute Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    strawberries n cream french toast:

whole wheat bread dipped in an egg and low fat milk (add cinnamon in this part if you like), fry in pam, slice up some strawberries place one piece of french toast on the plate, mix cream cheese and dannon light n fit vanilla or strawberry greek yogurt and put on the bottom piece spread with sliced strawberries, top with 2nd piece of french toast, slice in half to make 2 triangles :) best french toast ever and only 223 cals :)

Recipe name: Strawberries n cream french toast

Number of servings: 3 calories per serving: 223

Ingredients
    Philadelphia - Cream Cheese, Whipped, 4 tbsp
    dannon light n fit greek yogurt (Strawberry or vanilla), 6 oz
    Strawberries - Raw, 6 small (1" dia)
    Eggs - Whole, raw, 2 large
    Nature's Own - 100% Whole Wheat Bread 6 Slices

Total: 670
    Per Serving: 223

f65176b6-d905-44e0-95eb-53736399978f.jpg
  • kganc001
    kganc001 Posts: 317
    Options
    I don't make it with pitas. I sub out whatever I have on hand. Usually carb smart bread.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    I was recently talking to a friend about healthier baking. Make bread with fresh ground oat flour and use applesauce instead of sugar that kind of thing, but I don't really cook either lol
  • bchgrl8
    bchgrl8 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    It's all in how you plan on eating it...find a recipe and make substitutions!

Whole grain/wheat bread
    Egg whites/beaters instead of raw egg
    skim milk/almond milk instead of whole
    use a pan spray instead of butter...and toppings are endless..whole fresh fruit,sugar free jam/jelly,peanut or almond butter,light or sugar free syrup..play around with some things until you find what you like!:drinker: