chicken and turkey

Options
Hi everyone!

the only meat I eat is chicken and turkey but sometimes it just gets a bit bland. Has anyone got any suggestions on making it a little more exciting without adding too many calories to it!

thank you

Replies

• seefyboy
    seefyboy Posts: 68
    Options
    I like to make turkey meatballs. It's easy and tastes nice :)

All you'll need is ground turkey, parsley, cayenne pepper powder, black pepper, salt and a chopped onion. Mix them altogether with your hands in a bowl and roll them into separate balls. I normally divide them into 100g each. I wrap them up in foil to keep in the juices, pop them in the oven for about 25-30 minutes and then they're ready to eat :)
  • catbyrd
    catbyrd Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Checkout the recipes on sparkpeople recipes or skinnytaste. They both have a variety of low calorie recipes for both meat options.
  • Tflowers34907
    Tflowers34907 Posts: 51 Member
    Options

All you'll need is ground turkey, parsley, cayenne pepper powder, black pepper, salt and a chopped onion. Mix them altogether with your hands in a bowl and roll them into separate balls. I normally divide them into 100g each. I wrap them up in foil to keep in the juices, pop them in the oven for about 25-30 minutes and then they're ready to eat :)

I LOVE a good turkey meatball! There are also chicken and turkey sausages available that are great with pasta.
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options

This ^ except I add an egg to help keep them together better and some garlic for taste. I also use ground chicken for these. Another thing I do is roast a whole chicken or turkey breasts in the crock pot with carrots and potatoes and onions. Cut up the veggies and put on the bottom of the pot. Rub the meat with Paprika, garlic and onion powder, some fresh garlic and some Mrs.Dash, chuck it on top of the veggies and roast on low for 6-8 hours. Makes very moist meat and yummy veggies, and the gravy is excellent too. You could do a baked chicken parm as well.. cut a slit in the middle of a chicken breast and pound flat making sure to not rip the little pocket you created. Stuff the inside with low fat mozzarella, and pinch it closed. Then you can roll it in whole wheat bread crumbs or crackers or whatever and then bake at 350 until the juices run clear. Serve it with some whole wheat pasta and low-sodium tomato sauce and a salad :)
  • yourlifeyourchoice
    Options
    those meatballs sound lovely, I will give them a go!

I will check out those websites too!

I like the sound of the stuffed chicken I will try that!

I just don't have much imagination when it comes to food so thanks everyone! :smile:
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    Why only chicken and turkey. Sounds hellish.
  • yourlifeyourchoice
    Options
    I don't like fish or red meat but love chicken and turkey just need ideas on making something different.
  • kganc001
    kganc001 Posts: 317
    Options
    I can't eat red meat (long story...) so I only eat chicken and turkey, too. I use ground turkey everywhere normal people use ground beef: tacos, burgers (me and my fiancee's favorite). I like to bake chicken with garlic and paprika, just in a simple baking dish with some olive oil to keep the spices on.

I make these at least once a week, substituting in ground chicken in for the turkey:
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2008/11/turkey-stuffed-peppers-45-pts.html

Happy cooking!! :)