Cereal

Options
I enjoy cereal with milk for my breakfast at work.
When I investigate, all cereal is 100 cal. for 3/4 cup of and the sodium is 8-10%.
Any suggestions out there...don't recommend "cardboard" either.
Thanks.

Replies

• Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    I don't find a lot of cereals filling, but kashi's go lean crunch has a little bit of protein in it. I mostly will skip breakfast or eat either leftovers or oatmeal.
  • arac62
    arac62 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    you can use greek yogurt instead of milk for extra protein and to stay full longer without adding calories. different texture entirely, but i enjoy it :)
  • tonightokayalright
    tonightokayalright Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Barbara's Puffins, Kashi Honey Sunshine (I think that's what it's called, or something thereabouts), and All Bran (Buds are a little sweeter, so they're fun to eat, especially with yogurt or on top of a smoothie) are the cereals I've been eating. Multigrain Cheerios are also good, though not as good for you. I always add fruit and/or cinnamon to mine.

Nature's Path is a good brand with a lot of different kinds of cereal. Kashi is sometimes good.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    spoon size shredded wheat, or eggs and bacon
  • suunflower
    suunflower Posts: 36
    Options
    Oatmeal! When you make it homemade, there are soo many healthy options. Even look into overnight oats - or just milk + granola + add fruit!
  • 9jenn9
    9jenn9 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Cardboard is in the eye of the beholder. I love fiber one original mixed in my oatmeal. I love the "nut and twig" type cereal (my husband's description) like Kashi go lean or Kashi To Good Friends. Compared to Captain Crunch, they may take some getting used to, but I like 'em. Oh, and mixing them with yogurt is awesome.