Exercises Learned From My Ducks

Options
MelsAuntie
MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
Here are some Muscovy duck exercises. Duck Yoga; stand on one foot, shifting weight to over center of body. Stretch one leg back as far as possible, spreading the toes wide, while at the same time stretching the wing on the same side down and back, parallel to the leg. Hold for a few seconds, repeat with other side. One or two reps, several times a day. Climbing; if cannot fly to top of stump because wings are clipped, jump, or else climb straight up as a woodpecker does, using the claws and balancing with the long, stiff tail braced against the stump. One Legged Stance; Shift weight over center of body, pull up one leg while folding up the toes, until entire leg and foot disappears under the belly feathers. Hold pose for half hour or better. Repeat other side.

Replies

• kitticus15
    kitticus15 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I love this, cos it makes me think " if a duck can do this then maybe I can too" so one day soon I will have a go at standing on one leg and stretching my arm back, it sounds quite graceful (unlike me) so I hope I survive to tell the tale :)
  • Finnellappe
    Options
    You should write a book :O It'll take the exercise world by storm!
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I love this, cos it makes me think " if a duck can do this then maybe I can too" so one day soon I will have a go at standing on one leg and stretching my arm back, it sounds quite graceful (unlike me) so I hope I survive to tell the tale :)

Laughing my *kitten* off...honey, you made my day.