For the ladies, cool idea for your biggest cute jeans

Options
Girls, I was just in my closet, and I found my largest pair of jeans. I bought them, but didn't wear them for very long, because when I saw the size number, I was really disappointed in myself, and started losing weight soon after. However, the style is really cute. They are very bedazzled looking.

So what I'm going to do, is cut the legs off at the crotch (so that they look daisy-duke-ish), sew up the leg holes at the bottom, and make them into a giant beach bag purse. I'll use the leg material for straps.

What do you think?

Haha, maybe it'll look more like a denim duffle bag LOL But the point is, it will be a reminder of how much weight I've lost on this journey. I'm a very "symbolic" person, and carrying around huge bag that used to fit me will be an awesome reminder of how hard I've worked. :smile:

Replies

• MrsBrosco
    MrsBrosco Posts: 295
    Options
    That is a SUPER cute idea!!! I'll have to ask my Grandma to do that for me!!!
  • lisalynn35
    lisalynn35 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Great idea! I love it! And what a great way to recycle. I think I'll take a look in my closet when I get home. :wink:
  • Will_Lift_4_Shoes
    Will_Lift_4_Shoes Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Way cute!! post pics when it is done!
  • mercyr80
    mercyr80 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    AWESOME! My mom told me she used to do this back in the 70's,she even still has some cute ones!!
  • twingirls05
    Options
    Great idea! LOVE it!
  • vanillasugar
    vanillasugar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    What a great idea! I love it :happy: I love being able to find new uses for old things and recycling and repurposing. Thanks for sharing!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    My mom had done this before, I planned on it too. Great minds think alike as I was headed to my craft room late today to pull out some material to start this week, if I get mine done, I'll post a pic too :)
  • animatedbecca
    Options
    What a fabulous idea!!! Love it!!
  • SassyMissDasha
    Options
    That is a really awesome idea! Too bad I can't sew worth a crap .. lol. I'll have to ask my mom if she can do that for me!
  • TammyK777
    TammyK777 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    awesome idea! I'm not crafty, but I wish I was :) I'll have to ask my mom to do something like this for me too!
  • MandyMay
    MandyMay Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have done this before..Its a great idea!! I also just used the pockets of some jeans to make a smaller cute denim purse!!
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Thats cool! I am looking forward to the pics :)
  • katlou2
    katlou2 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Super cute idea! Same thing happened to me. I just about had a melt down in Kohls when I realized I needed to buy size 20's. I have one pair of them that are finally too big! Trying to head into a 16. Mine are bedazzeled but I think I may still do that!
  • FuerImmerStark
    Options
    that's a really neat idea! hope to see the ending result (:
  • vencellia
    vencellia Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Girl that is so creative!! Wish you could do my old size 26 jeans now that's a HUGE bag!!!
  • KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Great idea!!! I am going to go and see what I can find in my closet :bigsmile:
  • VenturaGurl
    VenturaGurl Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I love this idea! It's a great way to reuse those jeans...and a great reminder to stay on track! Have fun!
  • StephieWheats
    StephieWheats Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I <3 this idea!!! When I ge to a point that I can no longer keep my pants up without using a belt or such I am so going to do this!
  • Smyles2u
    Smyles2u Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome!!
  • ladyofivy
    ladyofivy Posts: 648
    Options
    I'm going to have to drag my sewing machine out, since I cut my pant legs off last night.

FYI, I don't think you have to be particularly skilled with a sewing machine to do this. :wink: I'm not. I can't follow a pattern to save my life, but I can sew a straight line with a machine lol. I'm basically going to turn the now shorts inside out and just sew a straight line across the leg holes. The trickier part will be the straps out of the pant legs, but I'm pretty confident that I won't screw it up too bad.

Also, I know that craft stores sell something that's like, a new-sew glue? It's a glue that's made for cloth that works like sewing. So that might be even easier for you. Of course, I'm not sure how well it holds.... or how well it holds "denim", either. But it's worth a shot if you're really interested and are afraid of your sewing machine. :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!