Full Restart - Could Use Friends

Options
I lost about 60lbs awhile back than let the number get to my head and gained a lot of it back, than deleted my account out of anger with myself. Since than I've been stuck in a rut and unable to pull myself out of this looping yo-yo cycle for about 11months.

I found a fitness site that matches a way for me to think and has really helped me. I also started a tumblr to help keep me motivated and obligated. Now I could use some MFP support!

I'm 26yrs old, 5'9", currently 238.3lbs and aiming to lose 98 more pounds though that goal weight isn't really set in stone. I am mainly just trying to lose and I'll stop when I'm happy with my body so who knows.

So I'm back and hoping to stick to this for once and could use some support along the way. Just need to keep my mind in check and stop listening to that bad voice!

Replies

• recipe4success
    recipe4success Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Your story sounds similar to mine before i rejoined MFP and starting getting back into control of what I was eating.

Feel free to add me :)
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    While I didn't do a dropout/rejoin of MFP, I lost a lot of weight and then got sloppy about my eating and exercise habits. The scale's rise finally pulled me back to reality, and thankfully I found this site and have been on the right track for a few months now. Feel free to add me.
  • chrystenfo
    chrystenfo Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! I just reset after having a baby. It was too hard to see my pre baby numbers on mfp. We can lose the weight again! Please add me!
  • KimLee76
    KimLee76 Posts: 89
    Options
    What's up Sushi! Get back on that horse again girl. Friend request sent!
  • Landi_001
    Landi_001 Posts: 15
    Options
    Have a very similar story. Let's do this together! :D
  • pinkly14fun2
    Options
    I lost my MFP way as well. Let's do this!
  • TheStefanieC
    Options
    AAHH!! I think we all lose our way once in a while so don't worry. I'm back again too after a fall off the wagon, lets get it this time!
  • Sushifish87
    Options
    thank you everyone for the kind words, support and new friends! Time for change and this time I wont hit the wall, I'll climb it no matter how tall it is!
  • shannashannabobana
    shannashannabobana Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I lost 40 and then stalled out for years. I started gaining (up maybe 10lbs) and freaked out a little so now I'm trying to get it together. Feel free to add me!
  • hharvey9
    hharvey9 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else.. I did the same thing. Lost, then let myself get sloppy.

I'm 27 and 5'9" so we are similar on part of our stats. I'm at 202 now and goal is 160 -- trying to get into police academy and that is the required weight limit for my age and height.

Anyways, I don't have many friends on here so I sent you a friends request and any of you other repliers who want to add me, please do!
  • fuzzball01
    fuzzball01 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    add if u like
  • PippPowerhouses
    Options
    Need More friends
  • jillsjourney
    jillsjourney Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Never mind
  • long_for_me
    long_for_me Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    You can add me too! I once lost 40lbs but then got pregnant and let myself regain it! Now, back on track!
  • min_lyn
    min_lyn Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Yay! Other people just like me:) I had lost quite a bit of weight using MFP, slacked off, and now I'm almost as heavy as I've ever been. It is quite disappointing and discouraging but I am motivated to kick it into gear....if for nothing else...my health. Just restarted a few days ago and it definitely helps to have friends on here.

My stats: I'm 35, 5'6, 220 pounds.

Add me if you like and anyone else in this post is welcome to add as well.
  • KimbleeDawn
    Options
    Add me, heart the support!!!!
  • 709sherry
    709sherry Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Same here.... I was on track to losing a goal of 25 lbs and got into a real funk... I am sitting here in a rut and feeling so horrible and bad today. I am looking for inspiration... something to snap me out of it. I find that I get on a good track and then lose it. I tend to get depressed when that happens, which makes it all the more worse....
  • Amalthea_Rose
    Amalthea_Rose Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting out .. this app was introduced to me by a friend that uses it and it's been really helpful so far -- 6lbs in three weeks .. thinking a support group might be a good idea so I don't slip ..
  • rundrinksleep
    rundrinksleep Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm coming back from a car accident where I gained back the weight I worked so hard to lose. I'm new to MFP though. Feel free to add me :)
  • Amalthea_Rose
    Amalthea_Rose Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    silly question -- how to add people?