hello! my first day here!

Options
Hello from the Twin Cities. My name is Shannon. I started here today to keep a food journal to help get to my goal weight.

I'm 33 and I'm trying to get back to my "pre-injury" weight. I survived a terrifying 12 foot fall 6 years ago and I've been working on losing the weight that I gained due to a period of "forced inactivity" My heaviest weight was 196 lbs. To date, I've lost 24 pounds and now am working on losing the last 12 lbs.

Replies

• patriot201
    patriot201 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Shannon! :)

Wow! A 12-foot fall? YIKES!

Good job on taking this step to improve your health!
  • ser0630
    ser0630 Posts: 223
    Options
    Thanks!

Yeah, I fell while working as a Telecommunications Technician. I fell from an elevated walkway with no railing and landed on my left arm and the left side of my body. I had to have my left arm and wrist reconstructed (I shattered 2 inches of the radius bone in that arm). I also had two broken ribs and over 100 hairline fractures throughout the left side of my torso, left hip and leg. I couldn't work out for about 7 months because of my injuries.

Over the past 4 years, I've lost 24 pounds and have kept it off. Now it's to get the last 12 pounds off and I'll be at my "pre-injury" weight.
  • luvstolose
    Options
    Welcome Shannon! Wish you the best of luck losing your last 12 you have done a great job with the weight that you already lost keep it up!
  • ser0630
    ser0630 Posts: 223
    Options
    Thanks!

Even though this is my second day here on this site, I'm finding myself making sure that I get my workouts in too.
  • Lfievet
    Lfievet Posts: 2
    Options
    This is my 2nd day here, after suffering a heart attack in March I have some how put on a few lbs... almost 20 to be exact! I also have Lupus, with severe kidney disease, so now im debating if some of the medications are also keeping me from losing those extra lbs.. im trying to get the ticker on my blog but im having problems getting on here,,, any suggestions... good luck to everyone and GOD Bless!