PB2

Options
Runhard13
Runhard13 Posts: 138 Member
Anyone use this version of peanut butter?? Any thoughts?

Replies

• belle_of_the_bar
    belle_of_the_bar Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the PB2 world, and I'm a convert. I can't control myself with regular peanut butter, but I mix the pb2 with vanilla greek yogurt and its a delicious dessert.
  • smithed812
    smithed812 Posts: 289
    Options
    I don't care for it mixed with water, but I love adding it to protein shakes.
  • svnone3rd
    svnone3rd Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Meh, doesn't taste as good as the real deal, but close enough. The chocolate versions always seems to sell out when I'm at the grocery store and I've yet to taste it. You can't beat the lower calories and the fact that it's extremely low fat. I spread mine over it Ezekiel bread (the cinnamon raisin one). Not to shabby.
  • chlsyrhd
    chlsyrhd Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I bought some a while ago and have been slowly using it. I made peanut butter cookies with it and they turned out deliciously (and about 50 calories each).

I'm still trying to find recipes to use it with, so if anyone has suggestions, please let me know!
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I really want to try some, but it looks like I'm gonna have to order it online - it doesn't seem to be available in my area.
  • Runhard13
    Options
    Might seem like a good way to give flavor to plain greek yogurt which is nasty but really good for you..
  • belle_of_the_bar
    belle_of_the_bar Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    My walmart carries it. Have you looked there?
  • Runhard13
    Options
    We have it at shoprite here..not sure how I'm gonna use it yet but I think its gonna get thrown into the mix somehow
  • ellaloveslove
    ellaloveslove Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I bought some a while ago and have been slowly using it. I made peanut butter cookies with it and they turned out deliciously (and about 50 calories each).

I'm still trying to find recipes to use it with, so if anyone has suggestions, please let me know!

Why have I not made cookies with it yet?? Such a great idea!
    I like it mixed with almond milk, I have it with bananas and apples. It doesn't taste like real peanut butter really...but it's still good and it does taste like peanuts. I would recommend trying it! I found it at Fred Meyer's and I believe it was about $4.50 or somewhere around that.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    My walmart carries it. Have you looked there?
    Thank you for the suggestion, I'll take a look tomorrow. :D It's super great because Walmart is actually within walking distance, so I can get a walk in too.
  • perfkdrug
    perfkdrug Posts: 24
    Options
    I have no intention of using it as regular peanut butter (would rather the texture and taste of my favourite brand), but I've used it a bit in cooking and it works well. It's very expensive over here though ($20nzd, which is about $16usd) so I probably won't buy it again.
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I put it in smoothies.

Dark chocolate almond milk, frozen banana chunks, PB2, Greek yogurt
    Almond milk, PB2, strawberries, strawberryGreek yogurt (PBJ-I make this for kids

Back in my WW days, I would mix it with fat free cool whip and spread it on chocolate graham crackers.
  • beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    OMG!! I discovered this recently and mix it in with my protein and breakfast shakes. WOW!! It doesnt taste exactly like Peanut Butter, but its damn close! I don't feel so guilty having it now :)
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    It's absolutely dreadful by itself, but I think it might be good in a smoothie.
  • amomofboys79
    Options
    Its edible, but I can do without too. I REALLY like true PB but have to stay away or I lose control!
  • carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I would never eat it on a peanut butter sandwich but it is great in recipes. I like mixing the chocolate pb2 with whipped topping and putting it on graham crackers.
  • shellfly
    shellfly Posts: 186
    Options
    I use and love chocolate PB2 in place of peanut butter for everything - in smoothies, on top of ice cream, dip bananas in it, in various recipes, etc. I really prefer the chocolate to the straight PB2.
  • lgomez75
    lgomez75 Posts: 115
    Options
    Anyone use this version of peanut butter?? Any thoughts?

I love it mixed w/ my protein powder, egg whites, instant espresso, cinnamon, and coconut milk.
  • wlaura88
    wlaura88 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's just because I hadn't eaten real peanut butter since I started trying to lose weight (about 7 months) or because I was used to eating natural peanut butter, but I think PB2 tastes almost exactly like real peanut butter. I also love that it doesn't have any scary sounding ingredients. I use it in protein shakes, baking, or buy itself. I like to mix up blueberries in it and eat it with a spoon. I used to be a peanut butter fanatic and missed it when I started trying to lose weight. When I found PB2, I fell in love.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Sounds kind of nasty to me. Yes real, natural PB has a lot of calories for 2TB but I will take that over something powdered any day regardless of the fact that it has less calories. Natural PB isn't bad for you as long as you eat it in moderation.

Less calories does not always equal tasty.