Almost OVERWEIGHT instead of OBESE!

Options
My morning weigh in puts me less than 10 pounds away from simply being "overweight" instead of "obese"! I cannot wait to just be in the overweight category--I have been in the obese category my entire adult life. I am motivated as ever to lose the next 9.2 pounds! Just wanted to share.

Replies

• Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    YOu must have been singin' this am. Good work paying off and that much closer to your goal. Congrats! Nice profile pic btw
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    Sounds funny, but being overweight (on the BMI chart) is my goal, TOO! Only I have another 25 lbs. to go. At 5'9" I'd need to get to 169 pounds to be normal, and I haven't been there since I was 14 years old...
  • ShannonKN
    ShannonKN Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's an awesome goal to be so close to. Good luck!
  • kimbyfly
    kimbyfly Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I got myself measured and weighed this morning. I'm not obese anymore, just Overweight. I was so happy! (Turns out I am actually an inch taller than I thought aswell)

Congratulations! It is an amazing feeling passing the threshold! Keep at it x
  • 63hanson
    63hanson Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm close I have exactly 10 pounds to get to the overweight category. Good luck!
  • ess52
    ess52 Posts: 10
    Options
    Congratulations! I look forward to joining you one day: currently obese from morbidly obese.

Kimbyfly: I am one inch shorter than I was some years ago. Seems you shrink as you age. Shame that isn't the case with my waistline :>(
  • Shadowcub
    Shadowcub Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

Currently I'm Super-Morbidly-Obese. And I too look forward to the day I can say with pride, "I'm overweight!" I'm sure most people won't understand, but the peeps here certainly will!
  • mizpoke
    mizpoke Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Well done! :flowerforyou:

I've got a long way to go to just being overweight, so I love reading about successes like yours. Thanks for posting about this today :smile:
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. I know you must feel great.
  • Neeser926
    Neeser926 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    One of my happiest days was weighing in and realizing I was now just plain old ordinary overweight. I started this at morbidly obese.

Now I'm 20 pounds from HEALTHY!
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,156 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I recently went from morbidly obese to severely obese and laughed because I was happy about it. Hard to explain that to people not on this site.
  • delfonzo2000
    delfonzo2000 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Great work! It's funny to think about, but I also "can't wait to be overweight"!
  • itsjosiebitch
    itsjosiebitch Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    That is a great feeling. And i bet you will be so much motivated to get to a healthy normal weight after reaching a bmi of overweight. thats what happened with me. im at a normal bmi rn
  • katythemommy
    katythemommy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    That is so excited!! Congratulations on almost getting there and I can't wait to be there myself someday! :flowerforyou:
  • JessicaZen
    JessicaZen Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    congrats on the news keep up to good work your hard work is paying off.
  • southernmom3
    southernmom3 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    awesome! I am there too and it does make you feel great!
  • emd2570
    emd2570 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    lol-- I thought the same thing to myself when I calculated my BMI--my goal weight of 150 still considers me to be overweight though :0(
    good luck!! keep up the good work
  • Scrimshire446
    Options
    Way to go! When i lost weight before (i took adepex- but now im doing it right) I was excited to see the simply overweight category too but then i gained it all back...NO ADEPEX PEOPLE!!
  • MorganOwens13
    Options
    To most people that doesn't sound like a big deal, but to us plus size women..IT IS SUCH A BIG DEAL!! Way to go and congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!