Eat more weight less people ... talk to me.

Options
Ok, so I started out at 164 lbs I am currently 129lbs and am 5'3! I lost my 35 pounds and have about 15-20 lbs more to go. I have been eating 1200 calories and not eating my exercise calories back. I work out quite a bit and can burn 700- 1100 calories per day, leaving myself with a very very low deficit! Since I am in for ft and healthy and not just skinny, I want to eat more to weight less but not sure where to start! Can someone please help me out?

Replies

• slc_denver13
    slc_denver13 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. Any help is appreciated. :)
  • purpk
    purpk Posts: 9
    Options
    Ok, so I started out at 164 lbs I am currently 129lbs and am 5'3! I lost my 35 pounds and have about 15-20 lbs more to go. I have been eating 1200 calories and not eating my exercise calories back. I work out quite a bit and can burn 700- 1100 calories per day, leaving myself with a very very low deficit! Since I am in for ft and healthy and not just skinny, I want to eat more to weight less but not sure where to start! Can someone please help me out?

First of all, congratulations on the weight loss. It's always nice to see progress. :)

I am not a doctor or a nutritionist, just a guy who cares a little more than average about his body and what he eats..

If you feel as if you are losing too much weight I would suggest you simply eat a little more but just try to increase your protein. There are many studies out there that suggest eating your body weight in protein per day to grow/maintain muscle. If you are growing and maintaining the muscle you are making during your workouts, I think this will solve your "issue" with feeling too skinny. But remember to pay attention to the mirror over the number on your scale.. its not always about the number on your scale. If you look and feel healthy, chances are you are. ;)
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    The guideline is basically, you don't have to eat 1200 calories and kill yourself to lose weight. You pick a small deficit (250-500 calories) and exercise a moderate amount.

Check out this link for some simple information on using the TDEE - %

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/952996-level-obstacles-lose-weight-target-fat-easy
  • bdoug1234
    bdoug1234 Posts: 28
    Options
    Bump you intake by 1-200 calories a day for a week and see what happens. Or cutback on the exercise.7-1100 calories is a lot of exercising.. A think a one hour run is around 1000 calories ..

Good luck
  • LeanneGoingThin
    LeanneGoingThin Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    You might want to start with eating some of your exercise calories back.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I don't think you should eat any people - weightless or not. Unless it's an extreme emergency - though I don't understand why astronauts would be preferable to any other individuals.
  • joyincincy
    joyincincy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Search the message boards for the revised version of the "roadmap"
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    I ate 1200 for 8 months and my loss stalled at 150 pounds. I slowly started adding 100 calories a week. then at 200 calories added, I lost 5 pounds. I am now at 1500 calories losing 2 pounds a week. I am type one diabetic btw....
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    My first reaction was this should be "Eat more weight and fewer people" but then that wouldn't make sense . . . :blushing:
  • Sebidian
    Sebidian Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I don't think you should eat any people - weightless or not. Unless it's an extreme emergency - though I don't understand why astronauts would be preferable to any other individuals.

Can't stop giggling!
  • llcjmama
    llcjmama Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I guess I can't spell very well with my kids on my lap while posting ha!`
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why astronauts would be preferable to any other individuals.

You don't have to listen to them scream...
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options

Because they are more nutrient dense. Also they fall under the clean eating guidelines.
  • debzza
    debzza Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I ate 1200 for 8 months and my loss stalled at 150 pounds. I slowly started adding 100 calories a week. then at 200 calories added, I lost 5 pounds. I am now at 1500 calories losing 2 pounds a week. I am type one diabetic btw....

Hi sorry for hijacking but did you see a small increase in you weight after you increased your cals, before you started loosing again?.. ive been on 1200 and have not been loosing and have been told to increase to 1500 but have put a lb on regardless off exercising everyday! xx